Complaint Review: Ancestry.com

• Reported By:Seneca South Carolina
Ancestry.com
ancestry.com Internet U.S.A.

Ancestry.com complete ripoff Internet

I signed up for one of those "Free 14 Day Trial" memberships and when I tried to cancel had to call their 1-800 number. I was talked into trying it "free" for 30 more days. What a huge mistake. When I tried to cancel on the 28th day not only was I told I would not get a refund but I would be charged 24.95 every month for 12 months.

After much screaming and being transferred I was told they would cancel the 12 month deal but still charge me 49.90 (24.95 for two months)which I still do not understand.

I have sent repeated emails since July of this year with no results.

Elizabeth
Seneca, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2003 05:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ancestrycom/internet/Ancestrycom-complete-ripoff-Internet-72255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ancestry.com