Complaint Review: Anchor House Financial

• Submitted: Tue, September 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:san jose California
Anchor House Financial
anchorhousefinancial.com Montecito, California U.S.A.

Anchor House Financial charged me money without services Montecito California

*UPDATE Employee: You can not get these listings for free !!

*UPDATE Employee: You can not get these listings for free !!

*Consumer Comment: Expose of the Anchor House scam

*Consumer Comment: Lucky Girl is a fake

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: "Lucky Girl" is on multiple rip off reports claiming to be a customer

*Consumer Suggestion: I have dealt with Anchor House quite a bit and they are GREAT!!

I signed up to Anchor house Financial in tre hopes they would help me find a home that I could potentially purchase by taking over the payments. They never sent me any paperwork that they said I would be recieveing in 5-7 business days. So I contacted them with the support number the girl gave me and she gave me the support number to another business, RT home search, which has given these services to me for free, once they realized i had not sighned up with them and was potentially frauded.

Alysia w
san jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2008 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anchor-House-Financial/Montecito-California/Anchor-House-Financial-charged-me-money-without-services-Montecito-California-373436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anchor House Financial

You can not get these listings for free !!

AUTHOR: Becca805 - (U.S.A.)

First our website is listed and all the paperwork is online for you to use, once you register you can access it -this is another fake posting- we provide everything online and if your complaint was real then you would not have said we would mail it to you -we don't mail anything!!!! Stop making people think they can not really get into these home they can !! Email me and I will answer any questions

You can not get these listings for free !!

AUTHOR: Becca805 - (U.S.A.)

Expose of the Anchor House scam

AUTHOR: Skamkilla - (U.S.A.)

Reporter Robert Eringer exposed the Anchor House operation.

His article reads in part:

Anchor House bills itself as "pre-foreclosure experts" and purports to identify home foreclosure bargains for real-estate investors. Punters are instructed to purchase their "Book Package" for $199 -- credit card details eased out of you and speedily processed, no refunds.

"They never sent me paperwork they said I would receive in 5-7 business days," wrote Alysia W. of San Jose, "so I contacted them and they gave me a number to another business, which gave me these services for free."

Not the kind of testimonial these alleged fraudsters post on their Web sites to lure prey.

Anchor House's mail drop in Montecito connects to Susan Quinn, who bills herself on the Internet as a Santa Barbara-area "Owner at MQ SQ Productions" -- which may exist only in her criminal mind. Ms. Quinn also claims to have majored at Santa Monica College in business marketing, though what she practices is business bilking.

Multiple posts about Anchor House on Complaints Board (a Web site) include:

"I saw the ad on Craigslist. They charged $199 to my credit card, and I have gotten no further information."

"Crooks, crooks, crooks."

The Investigator telephoned Anchor House Financial at its toll-free number, (866) 900-9684. A female answered, but refused to identity the owner, manager, or any personnel in what she pretended was a vast empire with multiple departments.

In reality, it is just a telephone, a desk and a credit-card processor. Nor would "Michelle" confirm that Anchor House connects to Susan Quinn.... The Investigator offered Anchor House the opportunity to demonstrate that their scheme is genuine. They did not call back.

Lucky Girl is a fake

AUTHOR: Saharpster - (U.S.A.)

In this thread, lucky girl defends the company saying she uses them all the time and has made several great purchases. BUT, if you search this company on ripoff report, there is another thread of complaints against them, where the SAME CUSTOMER claims she signed up for the service, decided against using it, and had no problem getting a refund. So, which is it? She uses them and they are great or she didn't use them and got a refund? SO obvious she is part of the company and is just trying to further the scam by discrediting the original reporters.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

"Lucky Girl" is on multiple rip off reports claiming to be a customer

AUTHOR: Danielle R. - (U.S.A.)

Look at how deceptive this company is. "Lucky Girl" has responded to a bunch of the rip off reports about anchorhouse financial claiming how the service works for her. "Lucky Girl" is a fictional customer do not listen to her feedback. Check other rip off reports about this company and you'll find her claiming the service is great. The service is a scam and we all know this already.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

I have dealt with Anchor House quite a bit and they are GREAT!!

AUTHOR: Lucky Girl - (U.S.A.)

I have dealt with this company for quite some time now. They never even implied they would send any paperwork to you. That's not how they work. You were probably not listening at all. People just want to hear what they want to hear and that's that. So I have made many good and profitable buys with them. I don't know what you were doing but whatever it was it was wrong.
I totally stand by Anchor House Financial.