Complaint Review: Anderson Baker Law Firm

• Updated: Thu, August 14, 2014

• Reported By: pissedoff — Tucson Arizona
Anderson Baker Law Firm
, Select State/Province USA

Anderson Baker Law Firm/ PTI Services---------------Darion Anderson, Ashley Check Fraud Scam somewhere in Ohio and Dallas Ohio and Texas

*Consumer Comment: Highly Upset

It's a scam fom individuals who call themselves the Anderson Baker Law Firm. The man that left a message on my phone said his name was Darion Anderson from PTI Services.

He called with the phone number (614) 515-4000 Ohio

"A case has been submitted against you. I need to speak to you through you or your attorney. If I do not hear from you or your attorney I will document that you have waged your rights to council."

I called the phone number and I got ahold of a women named Ashley. She tells me that two years ago i applied for a loan of $300 from an online company called Check City. (Never heard of them) And I had supposedly never paid this company back and it's accumilated an amount of over $1700 in debt now. So now the company, she said is taking me to coart for three counts of check fraud. And if I do not make a full payment or settle out of court and make a first payment of over $400 and then there after bi-weekly payments I will be prosecuted and a warrant will be out for my arrest. She was saying all of my personal information. That pissed me off big time. Then when I mentioned my bank account was closed long ago and I knew this whole thing was a scam she just seemed to insist on setting up a payment plan with me, asking if I could borrow money from friends and family and then just put it on a green dot card to pay them. I wrote notes on everything she said, I asked questions on everything i knew she would only give me plus those I knew she wouldnt tell me anyway.

The next day she calls me back and leaves a message with a completely different number: (214)256-4180 Dallas, TX

I've informed athorities. And recorded everything they are telling me.

Dont be fooled! It's a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2014 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anderson-Baker-Law-Firm/Select-StateProvince/Anderson-Baker-Law-Firm-PTI-Services-Darion-Anderson-Ashley-Check-Fraud-S-1169844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anderson Baker Law Firm

Highly Upset

AUTHOR: highly upset - ()

I received a phone call telling me that they need to speak to me or my council.  I had no clue what was going on.  I called the phone number back which is (((REDACTED))).  I was told that I had a case pending against me and I was forwarded over to Ashley.

Ashley told me that I had three federal check fraud charges pending against me.  She told me that I had borrowed money from check city.  I have never borrowed money from check city.  I am paying my bills and had no clue what she was talking about.  I went into shock mode.

She told me that I had borrowed 900 dollars which I had not done.  She told me that I owed 1,700 dollars.  I told her I did not have that kind of money.  She told me that she was going to turn my case over to the state attorney general office in my state if I did not pay the money.

I was so upset that she told me she would be calling me back in two weeks.  She gave me the phone number (((REDACTED))) as her phone number.  I know that is not true and it is a scam.  She told me I was sent mail in regards to this issue and I have not received anything from anyone in regards to this so call issue.

I am not going to pay one red penney to someone I do not owe money.  I am going to file a complaint with the federal trade comission because this is not right.  They should be ashamed of themselves.