Complaint Review: Anderson Crenshaw Associates

• Submitted: Fri, February 20, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 15, 2009

• Reported By:Milton Washington
Anderson Crenshaw Associates
6116 N. Central EXPY Suite 1090 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Anderson Crenshaw Associates False representation, threats, falsifying amounts owed, indicating they are a law firm Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: If the debt is over two years old, as a rule, they can't collect it legally anyway

*Consumer Comment: Do not take JOE's Advise

*Consumer Comment: GET AN UNLISTED AND UNPUBLISHED TELEPHONE NUMBER FROM THE TELEPHONE COMPANY

*Consumer Comment: IGNORE JARED - ONLY COLLETION AGENTS TELL YOU TO CALL - NEVER CALL DEBT COLLECTORS

*UPDATE Employee: Response by Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates LLC

They indicated they were a law firm representing Icon Security who has been trying to rip us off also. An individual from Anderson Crenshaw Associates made threatening phone calls re law suit, damaging our credit and increasing the amount owed with each delay in paying. We have been in a disturbing fraudulent mess with Icon Security in Salt Lake City, Utah, their billing company SAE in Illinois and now this Anderson Crenshaw Associates. We have had the support of the Attorneys General Offices in Washington State, Illinois State and written and contacted that office in Utah without result. Icon will not respond to these people nor will SAE. Now Anderson Crenshaw is attempting to ruin our near perfect credit by taking this one step further to the 3 credit bureaus informing them we are in collection process to them for $2,508.00. We have a very large file that has been developed since July 2007 with this problelm and we believe that Icon, a fraudulent security company and Anderson Crenshaw are working together to frighten senior citizens into paying these wrongfully alleged debts.
We are in our late 70's and were taken in by Icon, but not by Anderson Crenshaw. Don and Marlene from Milton, Washington

Don and Marlene
Milton, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2009 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anderson-Crenshaw-Associates/Dallas-Texas/Anderson-Crenshaw-Associates-False-representation-threats-falsifying-amounts-owed-indic-426670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anderson Crenshaw Associates

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

An unpublished and unlisted phone number will go a long way towards keeping the peace in your home by keeping the collector hounds from hell off of you.

I wouldn't contact these people because you are acknowledging that you actually owe this debt.

I would also consider talking with a private attorney and seeing what my options were for suing Icon Security in a civil action for fraud. It sounds like to me they ripped you off and you should have a REFUND coming from them.

If Anderson Crenshaw Associates is claiming to be a law firm and they aren't, then you need to turn them over to the Texas Bar Association.

Do not take JOE's Advise

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Send this third party scum agency debt collector a cease commications letter via certified mail with return receipt requested - keep copies of all these items
If they call you do not answer the phone!!
If they do sign the mail receipt then once they do if they call again they in violation of that cease communications letter
Laurie advised to go to www.budhibbs.com
Do that - send him an email and he will respond - I know him and he is a good man with great information (my attorney and him are friends)
You do not have to change your phone number just become informed
Good luck and keep us posted
Stacey

GET AN UNLISTED AND UNPUBLISHED TELEPHONE NUMBER FROM THE TELEPHONE COMPANY

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

BE SURE YOU SPECIFY BOTH UNLISTED AND UNPUBLISHED TO THE TELEPHONE COMPANY IF THIS IS YOUR LANDLINE.

THE SCUMBAGS CAN GET THE UNLISTED NUMBER BUT THEY WILL HAVE HELL GETTING THE UNPUBLISHED NUMBER.

NICE AND QUIET.

I USED TO LIKE IT WHEN THEY WOULD CALL ME THOUGH.

I WOULD SCREEN ALL CALLS BY HAVING THE TAPE OF "SOULS IN HELL" FROM THE OLD ART BELL COAST TO COAST AM --THE LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW PROGRAM.

OR I MIGHT PRACTICE MY DIFFERENT REPERTOIRE OF FOREIGN AND REGIONAL AMERICAN ACCENTS ON THEM.

OR I WOULD SERENADE THEM WITH RUSSIAN MILITARY MUSIC OR MARIACHI MUSIC AND JUST WALK AWAY..

OR I MIGHT NOT ANSWER AT ALL AND LAY THE PHONE RECEIVER DOWN AND WALK AWAY...

EVERY DAY WAS A NEW CHALLENGE FOR NEW MEANESS ON MY PART... I GUESS I WAS ONE OF THOSE KIDS WHO ENJOYED MAKING CRANK CALLS UNTIL THE CALLER ID CAME OUT.

THEN IT BECAME UNLIMITED CRANK CALLS IN REVERSE WHEN THEY USED TO CALL ME.

NOBODY CALLS ME ANYMORE LIKE THEY USED TO...

I AM LUCKY IF I HAVE ONE OR TWO CALLS A MONTH AND THEN IT IS SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ME.

I RATHER MISS ALL OF THOSE CALLS I USED TO GET.

I ENJOYED MAKING THOSE YUPPIES ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE SCARED AND CRYING AND CURSING AND NEVER WANTING TO CALL ME AGAIN...

IT'S RATHER LONELY HERE NOW.

NOBODY COMES BY ANYMORE EITHER. I HAD TO STOP ANSWERING THE DOOR WITH THE HEADLESS BARBIE DOLLS AND THE WITCHES HAT LEFT OVER FROM HALLOWEEN BECAUSE NOBODY COMES BY ANYMORE.

I GET THE OCCASIONAL LETTER BUT I USE IT AS KINDLING WHENEVER I BARBEQUE ANYTHING...

I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD. I DO NOT HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT.

I LIVE CHEAPLY.

IF I CAN'T AFFORD IT, I DON'T GET IT.

I INCURRED THE DEBT WHEN I WAS HURT ON THE JOB AND THE STUPID CHEAP PRIVATE SECURITY CONTRACTOR DID NOT HAVE WORKER'S COMPENSATION AND I WASN'T ABLE TO FIND STEADY EMPLOYMENT FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS.

MY ELECTRICITY WAS TURNED OFF. I LOST MY CAR.

BUT, YOU KNOW, I MANAGED TO GET BY ANYWAY.

I GOT ANOTHER CAR.

I USE THE COMPUTER AT THE LIBRARY.

AND NOBODY BOTHERS ME.

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

The only reason he wants you to so he can harrass you into making a payment on the fraudulent charges. They are NOT A LAWFIRM!

GO THE BUDHIBBS.COM WEBSITE www.budhibbs.com
read dealing with Collectors 101.

You can search on Bud Hibbs on the internet if ROR removes the web-address.

This bottomfeeding debt collector Anderson Crenshaw and Associates is known for it FDCPA violations and is in trouble with the State of TX for violating State laws as well.

Response by Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates LLC

AUTHOR: Jared - (U.S.A.)

Don and Marlene,

Based on your comments about Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates, L.L.C., it is clear that you have concerns regarding your account. Anderson, Crenshaw & Associates welcomes the opportunity to address your concerns and issues. I encourage you to call me at 214-368-2980 extension 3309. I am our Dispute Coordinator. I look forward to hearing from and working with you in the spirit of cooperation to resolve your account.

Jared