Complaint Review: Anderson Ford Of St. Joseph

• Submitted: Sun, February 15, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 15, 2009

• Reported By:St Joseph Missouri
Anderson Ford Of St. Joseph
2207 N Belt Hwy St Joseph, Missouri U.S.A.

Anderson Ford Of St. Joseph Sold Me A Junker While Wearing A Smile St Joseph Missouri

On June 28, 2008, I purchased a 2002 Jeep Liberty from Anderson Ford in St. Joseph, Mo. They told me that they put all vehicles through a 120 point inspection. I drove the vehicle, looked it over, etc. After I bought the vehicle, I went home and got on the internet so that my boyfriend could look at their inventory because he was also looking to buy a new truck. I see my jeep listed on their website for $1500 less than what they sold it to me for. Exact same vehicle. Picture matched, VIN number matched, etc. This is where my nightmare begins.

I bought the car on a Saturday evening. Anderson was closed on Sunday. I contacted them at 8am on Monday, and was told that the contract had already been sent to the bank and that it couldn't be changed to subtract the difference. After fighting with them for 3 days, I spoke with the owner/manager. He had them rewrite the contract for the lower price.

One month later, at the beginning of August, I realized that the car was leaking antifreeze. I took the vehicle to them, and was told that there was a hole in the readiator. I replaced it for $300. In September I had a knocking noise in the front end when I turned the steering wheel. I found out that it was a bad ball joint. Thankfully, this was under recall, which they did not check before selling the car. It had been under recall since 2006. In November, I was driving and there was a thumping in the front drivers side tire. I took it in and was told that the hub assembly was broken and would have to be replaced along with the rotors. Another $700. Finally, last week, my transmission went out-$2000.

I have called them repeatedly asking for some reimbursement for all of these repairs since I have only owned the vehicle for 7 months. They will not return calls. I have went out there & was told so-and-so isnt in, and he's the only one that can help you. Blah blah blah.

This company inspected this vehicle on June 15, 2008. They passed it with a bad hub assembly & rotors and bad ball joints. This is the biggest rip-off company ever! So much for their 120 point inspection! I threatened to take it to the Highway Patrol because they passed the inspection and Anderson told me not to bother because they have an impecable record with the Highway Patrol.

The salesman, Harry Ritzinger, pulled one over on me big time. The owner/manager, Tony Franklin, did get the contract rewritten, but has refused to return calls about the repairs.

I understand that there is no way of knowing if a transmission will last, etc. but if a company is reputable, they will try to accomodate the customer in some way. This car should have been taken to the auction and never put on their lot for sale.

Pam
St Joseph, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2009 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anderson-Ford-Of-St-Joseph/St-Joseph-Missouri-64506/Anderson-Ford-Of-St-Joseph-Sold-Me-A-Junker-While-Wearing-A-Smile-St-Joseph-Missouri-424466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anderson Ford Of St. Joseph