Complaint Review: Anderson Law Firm

• Reported By: Tarpon Springs Mom — Tarpon Springs Florida
Anderson Law Firm
Miami, Florida USA

Anderson Law Firm David Bently Ed Johnson Extortion Attempt Miami Florida

Approximately a week ago I received a call at my place of employment from a man with a thick hispanic accent who called himself, David Bently.  He stated he represented Anderson Law Firm in an action against me for an unpaid cash advance in the amount of $310.00.  I told him I had no such loan and asked for more information which he would not provide.  He then went into a threatening mode stating if I did not pay this at once I would be arrested either at my place of employment or at home.  I again said he had the wrong person and he said "it is your social security number."  I told him if that was correct there had been identity theft.  I told him not to call my place of employment again and demanded to know who I supposedly signed a contract with for a cash advance.  After much arguing he said it was, Cash America in Miami.  I laughed and told him I had never been to Miami.  He started to argue again but I hung up on him.

I was very distrubed by this and contacted Cash America in Miami. (305-649-8190)  I spoke to a very nice lady named Ximell who told me I was the third call she had received that day from other people with the same complaint of being called by Anderson Law firm about owing her company money.  She told me that they do not do business like this and pursue collections with documentation and courtesy to the client.  They do not try to extort money over the phone.  She was going to report this scam to her corporate office and suggested I file a complaint with my local law enforcement department.

Later in the day this man called me again at work and I told him I had contact the Pinells County Department of Economic Crimes and he was not to call me again at work or I would file a complaint under the Fair Debt Collections Act.  He hung up.

Today I found a voicemail from the same man although this time he called himself by a different name.  Left me the same message threatening arrest if I did not call him by the end of the day to make payment.  I called Cash America again and they are just as frustrated with this as I am.  I asked her to check her data base to see if anyone had used my identity to obtain a loan.  She did so for me and there was no record in their system ANYWHERE in the State of Florida never mind Miami as Anderson Law Firm states the transaction took place.

I believe this stems from an application for auto financing I filled out online which had my personal information on it.  I have learned my lesson.  People beware of what you put on the internet.  Nothing is safe even when the application sites say your infomration is protected.

I am perplexed that this group of extortionists have gone unchecked for so long.  When I googled this topic I can see this scam has been going on for years.  I am going to contact the State Attorney's Office to file a complaint against Anderson Law Firm, if in fact there is such an entity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anderson-Law-Firm/Miami-Florida/Anderson-Law-Firm-David-Bently-Ed-Johnson-Extortion-Attempt-Miami-Florida-1126338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anderson Law Firm