Complaint Review: Anfi - Verizon

• Submitted: Mon, January 29, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 29, 2007

• Reported By:somewhere Tennessee
Anfi - Verizon
PO Box 3427 Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

Anfi - Verizon Seems I am not alone with dealing with scum ripoff Bloomington Illinois

I too have just received a collection letter. I tried to call the collection agency this morning since there was no information on it. I could not get through so called Verizon and they had no info. At this point neither Verizon nor I had any idea what was happening. I got a different number from Verizon for Anfi and called them.

The first woman tried the intimidation, aggressive tactic. It didn't work, all it did was make me angry. They are saying that Verizon did an audit and came across a bill that I owed to them from the time I lived in Florida in 1993. This is incorrect. I do not owe this money to Verizon (GTE, Bellsouth, whatever neame they are wanting to claim). After telling the first lowlife to cool her jets I had her put a supervisor (or so they claim) on the phone.

This woman had a different approach. These people have the last 4 digits of my ss# so I am glad I have the fraud protection on my credit. However, the woman offered me to pay $100 (they claim I owe $216) and it would be paid and over (naturally this could be paid over the phone haha).

I refused, told her I wanted to talk to an attorney or a legal assistant first. They say I have to give them proof that the debt has been paid. Who keeps records for 14 years? I can't even remember what bank I was dealing with at the time and I seriously doubt the banks even keep that information for this long AND the last thing

I'm going to do is give them any bank information. I am now going to send them a letter requesting the info I have seen posted here. I was furious about this all day!! I contacted the media in Florida (I do not live in that state any longer and haven't for a long time), and plan to contact the Attorney General's office also. I did ask TransUnion if this can go on my credit and the guy there told me yes that Anfi can report it and it would stay there for 7 years.

I'm still not paying their scam but I do not appreciate feeling as though we are at the mercy of a scummy collection agency when this is a bogus bill!

Pam
somewhere, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2007 10:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anfi-Verizon/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/Anfi-Verizon-Seems-I-am-not-alone-with-dealing-with-scum-ripoff-Bloomington-Illinois-233442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anfi - Verizon