Complaint Review: Anfi

• Submitted: Fri, June 15, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 25, 2007

• Reported By:Putnam New York
Anfi
PO Box 3427 Bloomington, Illinois 61702 Putnam, New York U.S.A.

Anfi - Verizon Bill from 11 years ago? Not my account, but they have my SS# ripoff Putnam New York

What the heck?!

I get a notice from these people for a telco# I never heard of, I call them, they say its from a Verizon account from March of 1996 !

First off - if its 11 years old, NY has a statute of limitations of 6 years, secondly they pulled up an address I've never lived at (I've only lived 3 places in my life, so I know exactly where I've lived)

What has been concerned, they have my ss# on this account, nothing has ever happened in the 11 years since, I don't know if somebody was playing a prank or someone was getting phone service for short periods of time on individual ss#'s or some - they say the account was only open for 2 months then closed.

What I just don't understand is why this is coming up 11years later, isn't that right off the bat - illegal, even if it were my account and my debt, problem is they have my ss# so right now its hooked on me and now I've got to deal with it.

They were very pleasant on the phone when I called, walked me through the whole on-line thing, I'm still mailing them certified a debt validation request and also pointed out that I totally dispute the debt, that it is obviously fraud and the debt is also 11 years old.

C
Putnam, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2007 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anfi/Putnam-New-York-10507/Anfi-Verizon-Bill-from-11-years-ago-Not-my-account-but-they-have-my-SS-ripoff-Putnam-254731. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anfi

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

This is past the SOL Statute Of Limitations and also can be taken off your credit bureau accounts. Just send them a letter to the three credit bureaus to take this account off. Its also past their 7 yr hold.

#2 Consumer Suggestion