Complaint Review: Angel House Cleaners

• Updated: Mon, July 21, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Los Angeles California
Angel House Cleaners
3558 Overland Ave. Los Angeles, California USA

Angel House Cleaners (Best Coast Carpet Solutions) Scam, fraudulent cleaning services, ripoff, groupon deals Los Angeles California

This company is clearly a scam. I originally saw their ad on Groupon and called the company to ask some questions. They told me they would honor the Groupon price ($59 for 2 hour cleaning) if I booked with them on the spot. Unfortunately I didn't check Yelp reviews before booking them... Surprise, surprise, they charged my credit card the day before my scheduled cleaning, but no cleaners ever showed up. I called over and over again the morning they were supposed to come, but no one answered. I also sent an email and texts messages. After I threatened to report them, someone finally responded to my text message, but only to say "sorry for the inconvenience, let me contact the cleaner," and no response when I asked for a refund.

Eventually I did get a hold of someone by the name of "Norma" on the phone who told me she would contact the billing department to issue me a refund. She said she would contact me immediately afterwards, but never did. It took many more calls reach someone again, at which point I was told again that she would contact the billing department. On about June 18th, 12 days after I originally requested a refund, I received a voicemail from "Norma" stating that I was issued a refund and it would take 5-7 days to process and receive in my account.

I checked with my bank more than a week later and I never received a refund. I contacted Angel House Cleaners again, this time by email, on July 15th -- more than a month after I first requested a refund -- and received a response on July 20th that a refund was issued "last week" which should take 5-7 days. Still no refund and no date supplied for when the refund was supposedly issued. According to yelp reviews, this company appears to have done this many times, either providing very shoddy service, scheduling no-show appointments, or outright stealing money for services never rendered -- all the while being almost impossible to get a hold of.

This company is a nightmare and a headache. It might not seem like much money, which is probably why this company has gotten away with their practices for so long, but it is still theft and the money adds up. I encourage anyone who has also been ripped off by Angel House Cleaners/Best Coast Carpet Solutions to post on here as well. Don't let them get away with it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2014 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Angel-House-Cleaners/Los-Angeles-California-90034/Angel-House-Cleaners-Best-Coast-Carpet-Solutions-Scam-fraudulent-cleaning-services-ri-1163881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Angel House Cleaners