- Report: #979212
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Angela Jones
Angela JonesMorrison, Tennessee United States of America
Angela Jones Tanner Smith, Angela Lawson, Lynn XX, Eugene, Joe or Joey Lawson, Tiffany, Carolyn Smith, Kathleen (Kate Durso) Horse Trader, Scammer, Liar, Unscrupulous, Morrison, Tennessee
*Author of original report: Removing Kathleen (Kate) Durso
*Consumer Comment: I want my name removed from this content
*Consumer Comment: Angela, you are far from truthful in this rebuttal letter from you!
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: You Didnt Tell The Correct Story
*General Comment: Question for the author
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Phone numbers include: 615-684-5665, 615-663-0323, 931-570-7026, 931-939-2199, 931-570-7016,
DO NOT BUY HORSES FROM THE MCMINVILLE, MANCHESTER, SMARTT, MORRISON, TENNESSEE AREA. [continued below]....
The horses that are being sold in the area south of Nashville are being sold by persons who are not upfront and honest. Most, if not all, of the horses for sale are bought from private parties and/or auction houses and are being represented on the internet as being their own private horse for months, if not years - when in fact - THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!
Please go visit the horse - show up way ahead of time - go back unannounced on a different day - take YOUR vet with you!
Here is my story!
On October 8th of this year, I responded to an add that was posted on Horseclicks.com I spoke with Lynn in regards to a blue tobiano mare that was advertised on Horseclicks as a Gorgeous, one in a million, gentle and unique mare. To quote the ad, "She is registered and absolutely safe for any level of rider, including beginners." I explained that I was looking for a very well broke trail horse as I did not have the desire to work with a younger horse and I wanted something that I could just get on and go.
I was told by Lynn that she had owned this horse since she was 6 months old, and that this was her personal horse. She had hundreds of hours on her and even goes out on night rides. Nothing could spook this horse. Lynn went so far as to tell me that her 8 year old autistic neice has ridden this horse - that the neice kicks and flops and pulls the reins the wrong way - and that Blu would just stand there and wait for her cue to move forward.
I spoke with Lynn for about an hour regarding the horse and asked why she was selling what sounded so great. She explained that she was moving in January to a home that didn't have horse facilities and that she was getting out of horses due to her age and past injuries.
When I asked about shipping the horse, Lynn told me that she had just sold 3 broodmares to a gentleman in Nevada and was going to be coming out west in the next couple of weeks and for a small, additional fee, she would be more than happy to add Blu to the trailer and deliver her.
I told her that I would call back the next day and let her know what my husband and I decided. Lynn then mentioned that Blu had a harness for driving and if I was interested, this could be purchased along with Blu. The thought of being able to pull a cart intrigued me.
I called Lynn the next day - we spoke for about an hour and I decided that I was interested in purchasing Blu - what did she need from me? She promptly sent me an email with her bank information - Homeland Community Bank - in McMinnville and requested that I wire the money to her. She informed me at this time that she would be leaving a week from Monday and should be in Arizona by Thursday. She needed to make the trip then so that she could be back in time for a family wedding. Since I was going on vacation for a week, this was fine for me.
I sent the wire on October 10th and she requested that I also send her my name, address, phone number, etc so that she could get all of the paperwork done by the vet so that it would be complete when she left - (This is all in writing in our email correspondence)
At this time, I decided to go ahead and purchase the harness that she had for Blu (custom made by the Amish per Lynn). I went ahead and sent the money for this also.
On Wednesday, I sent an email to Lynn asking about Blu's brother (Lynn had mentioned him in our phone conversations). Lynn sent me back an email that he was not for sale, but that the "daddy" is - black and white gelding - trail horse - 15 years old - last one that I have for sale - and that she was very sad about it.
I asked price and was told $1500 - but if I was interested, she would sell him to me for $1000 so that he and Blu weren't seperated. I told her that we would think about it - I wasn't sure if I wanted to take on 2 new horses -
The next day, I received an email from Lynn telling me that she was on her way to the vet to have the paperwork done so she don't have to wait till the last minute to deal with it. I asked her for the name of the vet that she worked with and she gave me the name of Dr. Malone at 931-473-4129. I did call the vet to verify that they new of Lynn - which they said that they did, but hadn't seen her yet. I did google the vet and found him on the web -
On our way out of town on Friday, October 11th, my husband and I were talking and thought that it might be nice to have 2 trail horses, so that we could ride together - it would be more fun that way. I sent an email to Lynn and asked if "Cowboy" was still available and she said that he was, but that people were scheduled to come look at him over the weekend. Since I was on my way out of the country on vacation for a week, I told her that I would touch base with her when I was home - What was meant to be would be.
I returned on Monday, October 22nd and there was an email from Lynn - She had held Cowboy for me - was I still interested. She didn't want to seperate them and felt that they would have a good home with me. At this point, I thought that we would go ahead and buy him also. This time she gave me a different bank to send the money to - she told me that this was the "farm" account and that in order for her to keep her books straight, I should send it there. She again asked me for my contact information to complete the paperwork - I should have known that something was amiss at this time - but I was pushing that gut feeling down hoping that I was wrong.
I asked Lynn when she was leaving and she told me that she would be taking off on Sunday or Monday - her husband would be going with her so she didn't have to make the drive herself with the horses and trailer. She explained that they had plans for the weekend with the kids (quads and camping).
I sent an email on Monday as I hadn't heard from Lynn as to her leaving yet. This is the response that I received, "We had a safe n fun weekend ... until the last day (yesterday) when antoher 4 wheeler collided with us and caused us to have to head to the ER thinking I had a broken leg. Xrays show no breaks but I'm going for an MRI in the morning because my knee doesn't quite look right. The Orhtopedist this morning says is looks a little "crooked" and wants and MRI to look further into it ...."
The next day I get an email that she is going back to the Ortho - just keeping in touch
On Wednesday, October 31st, I sent an email requesting the schedule for coming out to Arizona - and the response that I received the next day - Sitting in the Dr office, I have torn cartilage in my knee and also a ligament. My knee cap is shifted to the inside as wll so I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday morning at 8:15 ...... I will see di I can find someone who can make the trip for me when I get home and start making some phone calls. ..... I will get right on trying to find someone when I get home ...
On Sunday, Nov 4th, I received an email that she may have a man who may be able to do the trip, hes coming my way to look at some property .... Monday, I got an email that this man doesn't want to fool with hauling any horses ... that I should contact USHIP for a quote to ship the horses.
At this point - I knew (even though I'd known in the back of my mind) that I was taken!!!! I called the local sherrif in Arizona - and filed a complaint - I didn't know what else to do at this point - Lynn had my money and the horses (I hoped) and wouldn't (couldn't) deliver them.
The sherrif did some calling around and did confirm that there were horses at her property, but no-one could confirm if they were the 2 that I had bought. The next day I got an email from Lynn telling me that I knew all along that I had to get a shipper ... that she didn't appreciate me telling people that she was making it difficult for me to get them. She demanded that I remove the horses ASAP and that she needed to know who is coming so that the paperwork does not expire before they arrive and all is in order for them to travel (this is all in writing in the form of an email) - *** NOTE - the paperwork is done!
At a point of desperation - I borrowered a truck, hooked up my horse trailer (Sat morning 6am) and headed to Tennessee in the hopes that there actually were 2 horses where she said they were. I emailed Lynn to tell here that I was on my way and would be there sometime Sunday afternoon to pick up the horses - and she had the nerve to tell me "YOU CAN'T - U need to be here no earlier than Tuesday - Final paperowerk will be completed MONDAY and it takes 24 hours to overnight" This was, per Lynn's emails, already completed.
Too bad lady - I am on my way and will have the local sherrif there when I arrive!!!!! Now she is going to gain scruples and morality - I don't think so.
I did arrive there Sunday afternoon and loaded up the 2 horses that I purchased - and returned home to Arizona. I had to have my own paperwork completed - AND THERE WAS NO REGISTRATION FOR THE MARE -
I have two horses that I have not thrown a leg over yet. Both have spooked at the sight of a saddle - although, they are friendly enough and easy to walk up to in the pasture. They both spook at the slightest noise and one woudl barely stand for the farrier. I had to have the teeth floated on the gelding, "Cowboy" as his teeth were so long and so sharp, that he has the inside of his mouth all torn up. He had also had a bad abcess on his foot and it will take months for this split to grow out.
Through hours and hours of research on the internet, I have had the opportunity to speak with other people across the country who have been scammed by this person! I have one of the tamer stories about the condition of the animal that was purchased. There are people out there who have had to put the animal down that they bought and this person needs to be STOPPED!!!! before someone is seriously harmed by a "kid broke, been there, done that, bombproof, gentle for anyone" horse.
Angela is now working under a multitude of different names, phone numbers and email addresses since she knows that there are people out there warning everyone that we can about her!!!! Please read the other ripoff reports and advise anyone you know to be wary!!!!
If you would like to contact me, please feel free to send me an email. I am extremely passionate in my quest to stop this person from hurting anyone else. I can't do this alone - and need information from anyone who feels that they have been wronged by Angela!!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Angela-Jones/Morrison-Tennessee-/Angela-Jones-Tanner-Smith-Angela-Lawson-Lynn-XX-Eugene-Joe-or-Joey-Lawson-Tiffany-Ca-979212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.