Complaint Review: Angela Penbrook

• Reported By:Garner North Carolina
Angela Penbrook
www.processrebatesforcash.com Internet U.S.A.

Angela Penbrook Was Charged When I didn't give Any Information Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Never open a spam.

Aprroximately 2 weeks ago, I received an email about processing rebates from home. I clicked the link in the email to check it out. Immediately, I knew it was a scam and exited out. Now today, I received yet another email stating that my order had been processed successfully for $39.90. In the email, the date was for Sept of this year, my first and last name (which I did not give them), and my card number with x's showing except for the last 4 digits which were correct. I was also supplied with 2 telephone numbers for support. I remembered researching them but I KNEW for a fact that I did not give any personal information to them. When I called the 1st number, I was told that they had no knowledge of my transaction for $39.90 and only know that charge is supposed to be for $197. I explained to this person over and over again that I never gave any information to them and wanted the charge reversed and to know how they got my personal information. I was put on homd for around 5 minutes when she came back and told me that she didn't know what happened and had no knowledge of my transaction or anything. I called the 2nd number and repeated all the information again. I was met with questions about who had my card number and is it possible that someone I knew used my number. Right off the bat they started to placed blame on those around me!! I calmly told her that I was appalled that she would even make the suggestion and told her that no one had that information but myself. I went even further to suggest to her that maybe one of their own employees hacked into my computer and got my information. I tried once again to get my money back and to ask how they got my personal information. I went even further to say that if they didn't do as I asked, they would be hearing from my attorney. I was HUNG UP ON!!! Now I have to go to my bank, dispute the charge, cancel the card, and wait to receive a new card. This is so frustrating!!! I have seen many reports here about how this is a scam, which I knew from the onset of researching it. I never thought that they would go so far as to hack into my computer and get my personal information. Please beware everyone!!!! It seems that even researching the website could possible cost you!!!!

Amy
Garner, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Angela-Penbrook/internet/Angela-Penbrook-Was-Charged-When-I-didnt-give-Any-Information-Internet-331660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Angela Penbrook

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Never open a spam.

AUTHOR: Fat Old Sweaty Elvis - (U.S.A.)

As you have learned you should never even open a spam email. And if you do open it then don't click on anything in it!

This could be some kind of phishing scare tactic: maybe they DON'T really have all your info and are hoping to trick you.

Don't call them anymore; it's just asking for trouble.