Complaint Review: Angie's List

• Updated: Fri, July 27, 2012

• Reported By: Dinah — Unicoi Tennessee United States of America
Angie's List
1030 E. Washington St. Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Angie's List Reviews You Cannot Trust:Angie's List Protects Fradulent Business - If you lose your money you are on your own! Indianapolis, Indiana

After joining Angie's List, I found the contractor J & K Remodeling Inc. which had an "A" Rating.  After I hired them, Kevin Goyette the "owner" damaged the side of my home, damaged a chair, and left unfinished work that including drop ceilings that cannot be used because the squares are of unequal size and in some places too close to heating ducts, unframed windows, unsanded walls, and one crooked wall that I asked him to straighten before he hung the sheet rock.  Also, put in door that had to be put in again by another contractor.

The entire fiasco cost me over $6,000 and after several attempts to settle the matter outside of court and with Angie's List, I initiated court procedings.  During this time Angie's List was attempting to find Mr. Goyette to mediate the problem and did not have an address at which to reach him.  I furnished them with an address I had, but he could not be found at that address.  After several attempts they called him and he signed a report stating that I still owed him money and he would only reimburse the company that repaired the side of my home (he previously promised to pay the other contractor who fixed the door $300.00, but did not).

I tried three times to serve Goyette at three different addresses.  He did not show up for court and I won the case by default.  In the meantime, Angie's List continues to post this "business" (it appears that this business does not exist except on Angie's List).  Even before the judgment I let them know that they were posting a business without a valid address, and today I let them know that I had a judgment agains the business's owner who has had three different addresses in close to as many months, has no permanent business address, and a company name that no one in the state knows.  However, today, Tuesday July 17, 2012, Angie's List customer service department said they would not take the listing down unless he committed a felony.  They also said they are just a "list" and subscribers are on their own.  Their claims that they post "reviews you can trust" is untrue and they take no steps to safeguard subscribers to live behind their claim.  Since this person has virtually "disappeared" except on Angie's List, the latter is culpable for reimbursing me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Angies-List/Indianapolis-Indiana-46202/Angies-List-Reviews-You-Cannot-TrustAngies-List-Protects-Fradulent-Business-If-you-l-913512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Angie's List