Complaint Review: Angie's List

• Updated: Tue, July 31, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — Sharon Massachusetts United States of America
Angie's List
1030 E. Washington St Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Angie's List Uses Auto-Renew to Charge for Additional Products - Indianapolis, Indiana

I had auto-renewal with Angie's List.  The price went from &67.00 to $80.40 - a 20% increase in one year.  I went to their website to enquire why the increase was so high.  There was only a web form so I filled it out.  Months later there was still no response.  I finally looked them up on wikipedia, got a street address and used whitepages.com to find their telephone number.

When I called, they told me that this was the new price.  However, they offered to remove access to the medical reviews and charge me the same amount as last year.  I asked how they could justify using an auto-renewal to sell me addtional products.  They claimed that they did not sell me additonal products - that the medical info had been there for a few years at the $67 price and that then they raised the price 20% but they would remove it and lower the price.  This is an incredibly sketchy argument.  This is a company whose business is the slam con artists.  Yest thay are con artists.  I can't imagine how many people have gotten ripped on this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2010 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Angies-List/Indianapolis-Indiana-46202/Angies-List-Uses-Auto-Renew-to-Charge-for-Additional-Products-Indianapolis-Indiana-628987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Angie's List