Complaint Review: Angies List

• Reported By: amh — Valencia California
Angies List
Internet USA

Angies List Big Deal rip off Internet

Angies List does not monitor or in any way stand behind the ratings on their site or their Big Deals.

I used a contractor who had A ratings on this list and many many positive customer reviews.  He lied to me, messed up my job and then threatened me when I gave him a bad review.  He is still on Angies list with positive reviews which I believe are fake.  I do not think Angies List verifies these reviews so they are entirely unreliable.

I purchased one of their Big Deals, after calling the contractor to verify that they would do the job I needed and serviced my area.  After purchasing the Big Deal and making an appointment, they called me the day of the apopintment and cancelled, saying they didn't service my area after all.

Angies list put me on hold for twenty minutes while I listened to goofy music and waited to get a refund.  I had to call back later and wait again, but this time I got an agent, who told me it will take seven to ten days to refund my money.  Why so long?  Meanwhile, I have a job not done that I can not afford to have finished until my money is refunded.  They did offer to find another merchant in my area to honor the deal but that it could take five days to do this.  And they couldn't guarantee it.  Since there is only one outfit in my area I decided to call them myself  Not only do they not work with Angie's list they were astonished at the 'Big Deal' offer, telling me it was impossible.

I think this was some sort of bait and switch.

You can't trust this site.  I was a fool to trust them at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2014 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Angies-List/internet/Angies-List-Big-Deal-rip-off-Internet-1143845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Angies List