Complaint Review: Angie's List

• Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: Lizzie — Niagara Falls New York
Angie's List

Angie's List Fraudulent claims; total ripoff, Internet

After a bad experience with a local contractor, I decided to join Angie's List.  I not only wanted to research reputable contractors, but I also wanted to post a warning to anyone else in my area before they hire the shyster contractor I originally used.

After joining, I logged in and was greeted by a screen asking if I was a business owner.  It said "Register your business here".  Really?  Angie's List commercials specifically say that businesses can't pay to be on Angie's List -- and yet, there's Angie inviting businesses to do just that.

I went to the entry page for the shyster contractor and found that they have been members of Angie's List since 2010.  It also warns that anything written can be viewed by the contractor.  In addition, it states that your name and other personal identifying information will be provided to the business you're complaining about.  Yeah.  That's just what I want -- those idiots knowing I complained about them so they can come and damage my property when I'm not home.  Perfect!

The Angie's List commercials on TV are totally false.  The scammer who runs Angie's List commits fraud every time that ad runs, and I hope someone gets a lawyer to start a class action lawsuit -- not only for the fraud, but also for their unethical billing practice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Angies-List/internet/Angies-List-Fraudulent-claims-total-ripoff-Internet-1041667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Angie's List