Complaint Review: Angies List

• Updated: Tue, July 22, 2014

• Reported By: buddy — Palm Harbor Florida
Angies List
Internet USA

Angies List Lied about month to month service, lied about having to pass a backround check prior to advertising, lied about having an ad agent call back to place an actual ad. Lied about not charging the account intill forsaid was all complete. indianapolis In

After contacting Angies list I was told there was only one spot in my area left. I had to pass a backround check and an advertising manager would contact me back to assist with a successfull ad. I gave my credit card number to secure the spot. I was never contacted back and my card was charged 307.00. I called to dispute and was told too bad, you signed up for a year contract and you owe 35% of that balance to cancel. Ther was no attempt to make me a happy consumer. The entire focus was to try and solicit a 35% cancellation fee. An outright scam. Never provided a service whats so ever! Never recieved a single call from Angies ad team or even from any of the other scam artists they employ after they stole my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2014 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Angies-List/internet/Angies-List-Lied-about-month-to-month-service-lied-about-having-to-pass-a-backround-chec-1164136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Angies List