Complaint Review: AngiesList

• Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Buena Park usa
AngiesList

Angieslist, BEWARE OF PAYING FOR ANGIESLIST ADVERTISING! Internet

I have been listed on angieslist for years. I use to get a job about once a month as a free listing, but no more. When I was approached by one of their high pressure sales people to "pay" for a top listing, I was interested.  I told them I would not be able to afford to pay for something, and get no results because the service would have to pay for itself. They said it would be OK to cancel if I did not get results.

So I paid them $209 up front, and hoped for the best. I was suppose to pay 209 per month, for a year. After a week no calls came in, and I was checking my rankings, and none were on the first page, or even the second, or third. When I expressed my concern, I was dismissed. Long story short, I canceled the contract, and in addition to the $209 they took me for, Their trying to get an another 850! FOR DOING NOTHING!

Their collection process is ruthless including them hiring a lawyer, and hassling me everyday with phone calls! I am about to get a restraining order on them. I never even sign a contract with them! BEWARE OF PAYING FOR ANGIESLIST ADVERTISING!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AngiesList/internet/Angieslist-BEWARE-OF-PAYING-FOR-ANGIESLIST-ADVERTISING-Internet-961805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AngiesList