Complaint Review: Animal Care and Control Center

• Reported By: K.V. Alston — New York United States of America
Animal Care and Control Center
2336 Linden Blvd Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Animal Care and Control Center Gave me bloodied cat Brooklyn, New York

Run away! And run fast! This place is a horrible place, I repeat horrible place to adopt a pet. Find another one to go to.

My family and I have had three experience with this place in terms of adopting a pet and all of the experiences were horrible. We didn't realize we each adopted our pets from the same place until my very last experience with them.

My family and I are hardcore cat lovers and each time we have adopted a cat, something was wrong with it. The first cat was my mothers. The cat she got from the shelter was a bit off. It kept licking itself and biting its fur. She had to take it back as she was spending too much money going back and forth to the vet to take care of it.

The second experience involved my uncle adopting one. That cat was tearing up his furniture at every turn. Yes, my uncle had scratch pads and toys for it to play with, however it only played with, bit through and scratched up his furniture. Upon returning it, he realized he was the fourth person to do so.

The third experience was surrounding my situation. I received a cat and in under twelve hours I had to return it because it was sick and started bleeding all over my house. I had to take it to the emergency vet and spent $113 on the visit. Did I also mention that I spent $60 to get the cat from the adoption center?

In all of these cases, we were told that the cats were in very good condition. However, none of them were. I cannot vouch for any other their other animals, but in terms of the cats, save your money and the heartache.
 Go elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 11:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Animal-Care-and-Control-Center/Brooklyn-New-York-11208/Animal-Care-and-Control-Center-Gave-me-bloodied-cat-Brooklyn-New-York-958603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Animal Care and Control Center