Complaint Review: Animal Hospital of West Port St Lucie

• Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: marty — east northport New York United States of America
Animal Hospital of West Port St Lucie
2662 SE Port St Lucie Blvd. Port St Lucie, Florida United States of America

Animal Hospital of West Port St Lucie Be aware of the FOX Port St Lucie, Florida

Upon doing research on the internet, I discovered that Dr. Fox is a very foxy business man.  He has an ad ad runing in local publications stating New K-9 Friends $89.50 package including $FREE$ Rabies shot.   I brought in my dogs records prior to making an appointment and Christina quoted me $82.00. After getting the quote,I brought my dog in on 06/28/12 and they charged me $143.89 of which $50.00 was for a three year rabies shot. They saw on his past records that he always received a three year rabies shot and that coincided with his three year license renewal.

Upon doing research on the internet, I discovered that there is no difference between the potency of the one/three year shots from the manufacturer. I called Christina after my research to complain about the bill and was told Dr. Fox was on vacation, but would call me back upon his return. He never did. I called again and went to his office in the beginning of August because Dr. Fox DID NOT give my dog his annual Leptospirosis vaccine (required by the kennel that boards my dog).  Christina assured me that he would speak with me.  He never had the decency or courage to see me.

Instead, he sent out an assistant who said he would not make any adjustment on the prior bill and would charge me half price to reexamine my dog (four weeks after initial visit) plus the cost of the vaccine. Dr. Fox gets FREE PUBLICITY in the St. Lucie News Tribune for his "charitable" work taking care of wild animals but has NO RESPECT, COMPASSION or CONCERN for new clients thru his bait and switch advertising.  I took my dog to another vet and she charged $15.00 for the Leptospirosis Vaccination. HIS NAME SUITS HIS BUSINESS PRACTICE.  He is both a SPINELESS and GUTLESS FOX PREYING upon new clients with fraudulent and misleading advertsing and when caught, he doesn't have the courage to face his soon to be ex client. BEWARE OF THE FOX!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Animal-Hospital-of-West-Port-St-Lucie/-Port-St-Lucie-Florida-34953/Animal-Hospital-of-West-Port-St-Lucie-Be-aware-of-the-FOX-Port-St-Lucie-Florida-958319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Animal Hospital of West Port St Lucie

belongs