Complaint Review: Animal Transport Agency

• Updated: Wed, February 24, 2010

• Reported By: alicia — London Kentucky United States of America
Animal Transport Agency
Yaounde, Select State/Province United States of America

Animal Transport Agency Steven Burgs Had me pay $211 for delivery and said the yorkshire puppy would be delivered at 8 am the next day. But at 8am the next day I get another email telling me that I needed to pay $1280 for insurance. Or Yaounde, Other

I read in an article online for our town paper that their was a yorkshire for sale.  I sent an email to steven burgs asking if he still had the puppy and how much.  Well I got a email the next day saying he wanted to make sure I was a pet lover and that he was very sick and needed to find a home for lila.  He sent pictures of her.  We sent emails back and forth and I told him I couldnt come to California to pick her up.  He stated he knew a delivery service.  He went down that day when i told him not till the 1st of the month.  And i get an email from this Animal Transport Agency.  They told me I needed to pay by western union $211 for delivery of the puppy.  I should have been more cautious the papers looked funny.  They had different dog type in several areas.  I paid the Western Union gave them the information they needed and they stated that because of weather conditions they wouldnt be able to bring her till the next day at 8am. [continued below]....
.....  Well 8am rolls around and I get another email stating she would be delivered at 11:30am and then another stating that i had to pay $1280 for insurance from Global Pet Insurance.  I emailed them back and asked if this was a joke.  They replied that i needed to pay for the insurance for the puppy or she would be returned to the owner.  Then they called me.  My husband took over and got livid with them.  The price then dropped to $580.  Which I still couldn't come up with.  I then have received emails from them telling me to pay.  I just happened to click on the Global Pet Insurance and gave them a call they said it was a scam.  Well then I put their name in google and low and behold their was their name as a scam.  I stupidly paid for delivery but I didnt pay for insurance.  And at this moment am still getting emails from these people even threating me if I slander their name they will sue me.  They have hurt my children and stole my money.  Their is no puppy and I wish they would stop emailing me.  I hope this helps someone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2010 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Animal-Transport-Agency/Yaounde-Select-StateProvince-00237/Animal-Transport-Agency-Steven-Burgs-Had-me-pay-211-for-delivery-and-said-the-yorkshire-p-574243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Animal Transport Agency