Complaint Review: Annette Jones And Lauren Aqeel And Shift Ministries, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 16, 2008

• Reported By:Memphis Tennessee
Annette Jones And Lauren Aqeel And Shift Ministries, Inc.
6215 Village Park Dr. Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A.

Annette Jones And Evangelist Lauren Aqeel And Shift Ministries IncAnnette Jones And Lauren Aqeel And Shift Ministries, Inc. Ripped us off! We did the work but they REFUSE TO PAY! MEMPHIS Tennessee

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: These statements are false!

These people operate under the umbrella of a ministry the call Shift Ministries Inc. Their website is www.shiftministriesinc.org. While they "call" themselves a ministry, they have.. at least from our perview... conducted themselves as thieves. They approached us to create a website for them. They said they didn't have money right then but if we would grant them the "favor" of doing the website for them, they would be able to get contributions from willing givers. They said they wanted animation, slide shows, unlimited photos, forms, music on the intro and different music on the site, etc.

With all this, they are now claiming that they didn't want anything "fancy" they only wanted
something "basic." I don't know who they think they are fooling. We told them that what they wanted would be expensive, but we agreed to work with them and to NOT charge them what it actually costs. In fact, we not only didn't charge them what it cost, we REDUCED the price over $1000 and charged them only $800 total. Not only that, but we designed their logo for them - FREE. We designed business cards for them - FREE. Then they paid us $100, and that's it! And they want to call US unprofessional. They are CROOKS!

And the sad thing is that all they are doing, they do hiding behind the Cross of Jesus Christ and behind a ministry name. If this is the way they conduct business, I encourage everyone to stay away from Lauren Aqeel, Annette Jones and shiftministriesinc.org because they do not deal honestly.

Reporterone
Memphis, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2008 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Annette-Jones-And-Lauren-Aqeel-And-Shift-Ministries-Inc/Memphis-Tennessee-38141/Annette-Jones-And-Evangelist-Lauren-Aqeel-And-Shift-Ministries-IncAnnette-Jones-And-Lauren-332953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Annette Jones And Lauren Aqeel And Shift Ministries, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

These statements are false!

AUTHOR: Lauren Aqeel - ()

The web designer offered to provide free services because he believed in my ministry. I was sixteen years old at the time and
extremely dedicated to ministry, feeding the homeless, and making a difference. He later rescinded his offer to provide free services; as a sixteen-year-old, I could ill-afford to pay. I never received any money from this website.  I am taken back by these statements, defamatory remarks against a minor.

I apologize if anyone donated thinking that this was advancing my ministry goals. I sincerely hope that this is taken down. Anyone who knows me knows that I operate with complete transparency and the utmost sensitivity to ethical
considerations. In contravention to the suggestions here, I cite my selection as one of the Memphis City School students to be placed on banners and city buses; the fact that I am a 2011 Spelman College graduate and Bonner Scholar;
my completion of over ten thousand hours of community service; and my numerous internship placements and speaking engagements around the country.

All allegations here  toward myself and my mother Annette Jones Aqeel are not only false, but also insensitive to legal and ethical situations regarding levying defamatory statements against minors.

Sincerely,