Complaint Review: Annie Rae RV

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: George — Swartz Creek Michigan United States of America
Annie Rae RV
12909 N. Hwy 27 Dewitt, Michigan United States of America

Annie Rae RV 'Karen' and Manager Doug Collins lies to customers faces Dewitt, Michigan

When I purchased the RV the salesman told us "If you bring the RV back here for winterization, we include the cost of the de-winterization in that cost". Now Annie Rae RV is 40 miles from my home one way. We thought this was a good deal so took it back there for the winterization last year. I did mention this to the office staff when I dropped the RV off and the answer was a Yea it is!

Fast forward to July when I called up to make the de-winterization appointment. I have a recording of me again verifying that the de-winterization cost is included in the winterization cost and Karen saying "Yes, yes it is". When I picked it up lo and behold, I was charged $45 to $50 for de-winterization was included. When I asked them about this I was basically told, this is what youre going to pay, no, nobody ever said that this was the case etc. Whatever.

When I got home, I submitted a "Contact Us" form from the www.annieraerv.com web site. 4-6 weeks later nothing. I found Doug Collins E-Mail address, hes the owner, and shot him a note. Again nothing, so I submitted a Better Business Bureau complaint against them.

A month or so latter I get a phone call from Mr. Collins saying how disappointed he was I never tried to contact him , yeah right, and that even though they never offered this "deal" hes send me a reimbursement check for $45 within the next 10 days. At the end of the call he again reiterated hed get the check sent out for $40, yes, you read correct. 3 weeks latter nothing. I sent out an email direct to Mr. Collins and the reply I got was that they had sent the check out on that Monday after the phone call. He stated that hed look into it and if the check had not been cashed hed make sure that it was re-sent out. 2 weeks later and still no check. An email to him and nothing. Another email and another week and still nothing. Not even a reply.

That is where I stand now. No reimbursement and no contact. Id advise that if anyone needs work done and they choose to take their RV to Annie Rae RV, get everything spelled out and in writing beforehand as even a recording of my phone call to them has fallen on deaf ears.

2 months later one of the people on my personal blog stated that they were told by Doug Collins of Annie Rae RV that all Winterizations/De-Winterizations are in fact $59.95 and not the $45, $40 or even the $30 as stated to myself by Doug Collins himself. This guy seems to lie, lie and lie again to hope that the customer will go away, and will happily lose at least one customer over $60.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Annie-Rae-RV/Dewitt-Michigan-48820/Annie-Rae-RV-Karen-and-Manager-Doug-Collins-lies-to-customers-faces-Dewitt-Michigan-999716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Annie Rae RV