Complaint Review: AnnualCreditReport.com

• Submitted: Wed, May 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 24, 2008

• Reported By:Mishawaka Indiana
P.O. Box 105281 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

AnnualCreditReport.com info theft Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: AnnualCreditReport.com Rip Off Update; No Response,how typical!

I went to their site to pull my credit report because it was a recommended site by the Federal Goverment's web site.(You can obtain 1 free one per year per the Federal Gov.)

I filled out all their required information (ALL my personal info) then went to the next step "get your report", There was a list of the 3 major reporting agencies, TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. You can choose one or all three.

I chose all 3.

It then took me to the next page which was TransUnion. When I tried to go further it said I already had a TransUnion account and needed to login.
Well since I DID NOT have an account with them I wanted to see what it would tell me if I said 'forgot my user ID and password'.

I again entered my personal info when prompted,then procedded to the next page only to be told my "account" was temporarily suspended do to too many attempts to login.

Well first of all I didn't realize that 1 was too many. Second, there is no way to contact them,(AnnualCreditReport) I tried the 877 number, it's a recorded message that gets you nowhere.

So now they have ALL my personal information and I got squat!!

Since I have found Rip off Report and read other comments about these guys I really believe their company is just a big scam to gain personal info on people. I'm afraid to even quess what their doing with it.

I have filed a report with the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Protection Dept. in hopes they spark annualcreditreport.com into doing what their web site says they do.

I would NOT recommend this site to anyone. Way too many people have access to our personal information as it is.

Fedup in indiana
Mishawaka, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2008 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AnnualCreditReportcom/Atlanta-Georgia-30348-5281/AnnualCreditReportcom-info-theft-Atlanta-Georgia-332436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AnnualCreditReport.com

AnnualCreditReport.com Rip Off Update; No Response,how typical!

AUTHOR: Fedup in indiana - (U.S.A.)

Well it's been over a month since I filed my report with The Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Protection Dept. and still no response from either the FTC or AnnualCreditReport.com. Is anyone surprised?

I've read the rip off reports about Free Credit Report and Experian, well folks add this one to the list.

I would like to know(if anyone has the answer) how can the companies that control our credit reports, and basically have control over our financial lives can get away with what the 3 major credit reporting compaines get away with. They have WAY TOO MUCH control, and half the time their not even accurate.Somehow we need to change this, it's rediculous.