stick

• Reported By: KPatton — Tennessee
Answersby
Internet USA

Answersby Scam Internet

I called the company because my gateway net book would not boot up. I am somewhat technologically inclined. I know how to rest my computer to factory settings and erase all my saved files.This was not something that I wanted to do.  I paid $99.99 and transfered to technical support. It took 2 representatives and 3 hours to discover that I only wanted a data transfer from a net book that doesn't have a CD ROM.

We tried using a jump drive. When this failed, I was asked to purchase a hard disk enclosure for an additional $25. I asked for a refund. I was informed that because there was another option I was ineligible for a refund.

6 hours later and multiple offers, they were not budging on any kind of refund. $100 wasted!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Answersby/internet/Answersby-Scam-Internet-1068058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Answersby