Complaint Review: Answersby

• Updated: Fri, April 11, 2014

• Reported By: Paul — Sussex Wisconsin
Answersby
Internet USA

Answersby They are a 24/7 computer support company that rendered my computer unusable after "fixing" it. Internet

I just purchased a 1 year 15 incident service program for computer support. The first incident they looked at was unlocking my computer. They did that, but in the process the resolution on the screen was goofed up. And I had to fix that. Not that big of a deal.

The next incident the next day was just a simple task - to speed up another computer. The tech screwed up, and was unable to restart my computer. They had a supervisor contact me. The supervisor finally got the computer started after 3 attempts.

But in the process of reformatting and finally restarting the computer, a graphics card was not able to be restored to the original state. In other words, it was out of commission. So bad that I could not even play a game of solitaire, as the graphics card was shot.

I feel that answersby tries the fastest way to fix problems, without regard to the potential long term damage that they may do to the computer.

When I tried to get a refund, all they would do is give me another free incident. Even though I had just purchased this 3 days prior. And if they can’t do something simple like speeding up a computer, what would happen if something serious was wrong?

But now I have to buy a new computer. They also made me buy a hard disk enclosure and a flash drive to transfer files in the process. I have no need for them other than what they told me. Plus over 15 hours of my time on the phone with them while they attempted to fix my computer. Even though I IM’d the tech and told him not to call me, as it was 11 PM, and I was going to bed, he called me at 2 in the morning.

So what started out as a simple fix turned into a very expensive and tiring event for me.

Is this the kind of computer support you would want?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2014 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Answersby/internet/Answersby-They-are-a-247-computer-support-company-that-rendered-my-computer-unusable-aft-1138080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Answersby