Complaint Review: Anthem College High Tech Institute

• Submitted: Fri, March 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 27, 2011

• Reported By:Jerome Idaho
Anthem College High Tech Institute
16404 North Black Canyon Highway Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Anthem College High Tech Institute FRAUD!!! THEY ARE LIARS!!! Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Job placement assistance

I was a student with this college and they promised me the world. The week before I graduated I found out that what they promised me was not going to happen. I took the Medical Billing/Coding and when I was done I am not able to work at home like they said I would so now I am looking for a job because they didn't help me at all. When I first was looking for a school to do school at home I had spoke with them and this is what they told me. First they told me that I would be doing this on my own speed when I get an assignment in then I get it in, but I had to have my assignments in on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. So how is that on my own speed. They said this would be great because I just had a baby and I will be able to do my work at my own pace which was a lie. Second, They told me when I graduate then they will job place me and they didn't I have been out of school for 2 months. They told me that I would be able to work from home and the week before graduation I was told that wasn't going to happen unless I have work experience in the office. I asked that question at the beginning and the rep said that I would be able to work at home as soon as I graduate. I have two young children with no job because I have a degree I can't use because I got lied to. SO Please help me!!!

Marlina
Jerome, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2009 08:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anthem-College-High-Tech-Institute/Phoenix-Arizona-85023/Anthem-College-High-Tech-Institute-FRAUD-THEY-ARE-LIARS-Phoenix-Arizona-436149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anthem College High Tech Institute

Job placement assistance

AUTHOR: Ruth Ann Monti - (United States of America)

Marlina,

If you haven't already done so, please contact Anthem College Online for job placement assistance at 866.837.1010 and ask for extension 22752.

Our job placement assistance cannot and does not guarantee employment. What we do is work with you to help you find entry-level employment in your field. This includes:

• Assistance with developing resumes and cover letters

• Job-seeking assistance, including identifying local volunteer opportunities that match students career goals

• Interview training and preparation

• Networking assistance
We use InterviewStream video software for interview training and practice. InterviewStream is the industry standard for video interviews and is considered a green environmentally-friendly technology. There are more services we provide to students and graduates; read more at http://anthemcollege.edu/career-services/.

Career Services remain available to alumni for as long as they seek employment in a field related to their Anthem College Online degree.

As for schedule flexibility, an online program allows you set your schedule more easily than if you were required to attend a land campus. For example, Anthem College Online students have access to the Online Classroom 24 hours a day through our Learning Management System (LMS) which houses the courseware, discussion forums, exams, activities and other important information.

However, this does not mean no schedule at all. As explained in the course catalog and other materials provided to applicants, online education affords students flexibility in planning their studying time. Effective learning and academic success requires that students regularly engage in learning activities and participate in meaningful interactions with faculty and fellow students. Therefore, students are expected to regularly attend their virtual classes and meet assignment deadlines.

anticipation