Complaint Review: Anthony Fugett

• Updated: Sun, October 23, 2011

• Reported By: Latoya — Doraville Georgia United States of America
Anthony Fugett
300 West Preston Street, Room 500 Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Anthony Fugett State of Maryland MVA Insurance Lapse Default Scam Baltimore, Maryland

I also received a statement from the State of Maryland's central collection unit.

The amount due is $5364.45.  I do not owe this amount as I had insurance prior to leaving the state over 10 years ago. I spoke to a representative which stated that I would need to provide proof of insurance from June 9, 2001 to date on a 1969 Ford Falcon which was totaled in 2001. The representative told me that she would run the VIN# to see if the car has been registered since that date. She then told me that I would need to call back on Thursday to check the status or results.

I know that I do not owe this amount and I am in NO WAY even going to consider to pay or make ANY arrangements on paying this trumped up bill. Worst case scenario, I will allow them to report this to my credit and then IMMEDIATELY call to dispute the debt and asked that it is removed from my credit due to being an 'outdated collection' account.

I then googled and searched only to find literally HUNDREDS of people who all once lived in Maryland and left the state 10+ years ago... received the exact same notice. The State of Maryland is pulling out all the stops in attempting to gain revenue. I am definitely interested in a class-action lawsuit should someone ever get one started.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2011 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anthony-Fugett/Baltimore-Maryland-21201/Anthony-Fugett-State-of-Maryland-MVA-Insurance-Lapse-Default-Scam-Baltimore-Maryland-791521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anthony Fugett