Complaint Review: Anthony James Photography

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: Disappointed — Houston Texas United States of America
Anthony James Photography
3000 Sage Road Suite 1444 Houston, Texas United States of America

Anthony James Photography Tony Gibson Unprofessional, Untrustworthy, Unresponsive Houston Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Proof I will work with anyone.

I hired Tony Gibson to take head shots for a law firm in Beaumont Texas.  The pictures turned out well and he was very professional but it was obvious we needed to do a re-shoot to catch some of the employees that didn't make it the first time.

At that second shoot Tony disappeared half way through and didn't return my calls until hours later and reported to me he'd fallen from a ladder and had to be taken to the ER.  He apologized and promised the photoshoot would be completed at later date when he recovered.  I told him I understood and paid his full amount on the invoice.

Days later, Tony hadn't called.  I called Tony Gibson repeatedly and he never returned the call.  I texted him and begged to know when the head shots would be uploaded for me to review and again, no response.  This went on for weeks until finally a friend of his contacted him for me.  We had previously agreed he would only upload the photos each lawyer selected the day of the shoot as hundreds were taken.  Tony finally uploaded them all in bulk, with no corresponding files for recognition.  I spent hours combing through images, having no idea which were which.  Since he refused to call me back I was at a loss and frankly at that point just relieved to have the pictures.

I had paid Tony $400 for Photoshop work that was never performed.  I sent him a letter requesting the money be reimbursed, Tony never responded.  I have never been treated so shabbily by a vendor is my life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anthony-James-Photography/Houston-Texas-77056/Anthony-James-Photography-Tony-Gibson-Unprofessional-Untrustworthy-Unresponsive-Houston-939107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anthony James Photography

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Proof I will work with anyone.

AUTHOR: Tony - ()

Let me take this opportunity to set the record straight. I was hired and only paid for a three hour period to shoot an entire law firms head-shots. The day of the shoot was very well organized. The client was frantic because a number of the lawyers from the firm were not going to be able to make it to the appointment. Trying to be as helpful as possible I came back for a second day of shooting at no charge to the client. I finished the remaining head-shots on that day. She then asked me to photograph the law firm's office space as well as some staged shots which I also did.

As the day came to a close she asked me if I could take some exterior photos of the building from a ladder in the parking lot. While at the top of the ladder I had a severe strike of pain in my back causing to faint and fall from the ladder. I later found out this was caused by a kidney stone which required surgery that very next morning. Nonetheless, I nearly broke my neck, literally sprained my wrist, and had a kidney stone helping this lady on a day she was not even paying me a single dime.

This client got every picture she requested of me in a two day time span for one day's pay and then has the nerve to call me yelling and upset because she did not have her pictures immediately. I tried to explain I was in the hospital and having surgery. This was not good enough for her. She never asked how I was or if I was even ok. In an effort to ease the situation the day of the surgery a photographer friend uploaded the photos to dropbox in the manner she requested. It is not my fault she did not know the names of each photographed lawyer nor did she have any concept of really what was even taking place around her before, during or after the shoot.  From my experience she has a great staff but as a business professional is typically late, has a hard time making decisions, and most is always uncomfortably manic.

In this case she was already pass the deadline she promised the law firm before she even hired me and was nearly over budget. In the end guess who got thrown under the bus? I did do the photoshop work required of me in the original bid and she simply wanted additional work done for free. I am willing to work with anyone and this lady is proof of it!

Below I have included a list of past clients or feel free to contact me directly. Thanks for your time.

Jon Reaud:    jonreaud@aol.com