Complaint Review: Antioch Animal Hospital

• Submitted: Sat, April 21, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 22, 2010

• Reported By:Zion Illinois
Antioch Animal Hospital
40949 N. St Rt 83 Antioch, Illinois U.S.A.

Antioch Animal Hospital Providing butchering services disguised as veterinary services Ripoff Antioch Illinois

*General Comment: Unfortuate

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Criticism is without merrit

My mother took our Min-Pin puppy to the vet at Antioch Animal Hospital. She was there to recieve shots, and to get an evaluation on her ears being cropped. When my mom got the receipt for the shots, the hospital had put on it that the puppy was a male, and if that was the worst they could do, that would be fine.

When she went back to get the ears done, she thought everything would be fine. She picked our puppy up the next day, and when they brought her back to my mom, she was covered in blood. They didn't clean her up until my mom yelled at them to do it.

After cleaning her up, my mom was leaving out of the office, when the assistant looked on the computer and saw that she was supposed to recieve some tranquilizers. They said because she is a "head-shaker" she needs them, but they were about to let her leave without them.

As the pictures I'm including show, the work on her was so bad, it is considered torture, by my book. They charged us $347.57 for the butchering, and another $5.00 for the pills.

I STRONGLY URGE those of you who are considering using this hospital to think twice, and determine whether you want your beloved pets to go through this PUNISHMENT.

John
Zion, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2007 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Antioch-Animal-Hospital/Antioch-Illinois-60002/Antioch-Animal-Hospital-Providing-butchering-services-disguised-as-veterinary-services-Rip-245131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Antioch Animal Hospital

#1 General Comment

Unfortuate

AUTHOR: Michele - (United States of America)

I entitled the rebuttal as "Unfortunate" not because of your experience, but because of your complaint against one of the finest animal hospitals around.  I have been a long-time client of Antioch Animal Hospital and have been nothing but pleased with them.  I recently had an emergency with my min pin, called them up, told them that I would be bringing her in and left them with no option but to see me immedately upon opening the office.  They were nothing but accommodating.  I will say that I work in a medical office and there are occasions when things such as prescriptions are forgotten, it is not uncommon at all.  If it can happen in a medical office, it can happen in an animal hospital.  In closing, I can only say two things:  (1) If you want to go mudslinging about "butchering" an animal, just look what was done to your mother's min pin.  The ears were already docked on my pet at an extremely young age (before the pups were available for sale), but your mother chose to dock the ears - that's what I consider butchering.  And (2) I don't know where your mother lives, but I see that you live in Zion.  Zion is quite a far distance from Antioch and one might assume that you were "shopping around" for the best price.  When one "shops around" for services your concern isn't for your pet, it is for your pocketbook.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Criticism is without merrit

AUTHOR: Mike Passarella - (U.S.A.)

This criticism where they didn't get medication is a simple mistake that can happen because of the excitement of the moment. The reception is always busy area. When sutures are removed there is sometimes blood because you are dealing with a healing wound and the stitch is an irritant. This bleeding stops readily, however shaking the head causes the ears to keep bleeding. If you clean up the blood at that time you promote more head shaking and then more bleeding. Waiting till the bleeding stops completely is a better remedy.As far as price is concerned, we do use a lot of drugs to control pain. If you add cost of vaccines at that time you could easily get to that price level.