• Report: #341989

• Updated: Thu, June 19, 2008

• Reported By:minneapolis Minnesota
Antivirus 2008
http://antivirus2008g.com/ Internet U.S.A.

Antivirus 2008: Can Not Get Off My Computer! antivirus, 2008, pop up, scam, download, scan, pc, windows, fake, report, virus, program, file, startup Internet

I opened a site off of a google search I did and immediately a window popped up and started downloading Antivirus 2008 onto my computer. I tried to cancel it but it would not close or stop.

Once it finished running, it automatically did a scan on my computer and found 48 infected files, some of which were not even on my computer. It would not let me exit out of the window until I pressed 'Remove.'

Once I pressed remove, there was a prompt window that wanted me to enter in a verification code. I could exit out of that, but it brought me to a new internet tab that wanted me to buy Antivirus 2008 for $49!

Now, I can't get the program off of my computer, it is only listed in my Program Files and not in my Control Pannel. I am unable to remove it and it keeps running this same cycle every hour.

How are we supposed to protect ourselves from this?!?!?

Be aware, this is a nasty program. It is filtering into many of my files and will not let me do any google, yahoo and/or msn searches. It forces me to go to the same window to 'buy' the product in order to continue. Obviously I am NOT going to do that.

Any suggestions?!?!?

Shannon
minneapolis, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2008 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Antivirus-2008/internet/Antivirus-2008-Can-Not-Get-Off-My-Computer-antivirus-2008-pop-up-scam-download-scan-341989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Antivirus 2008