Complaint Review: Antwan Brown

• Submitted: Fri, October 19, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, October 19, 2012

• Reported By: Jim — Durham North Carolina U.S.A.
Antwan Brown

Antwan Brown AnT B, demboyz919, TwaN Brown, Ag3ntZer0 trifling Craigslist scammer Internet

I saw an ad on Craigslist for a used Xbox with a 320GB HD for $125.

Since the 320GB HD by itself costs around $100 new this was a very good deal.  To good to be true as it turned out.

We agreed to meet at the Lowes hardware store in Knightdale, NC at 6:00.

I live 30 minutes away and was 15 minutes late due to rush hour traffic but I still waited another 30 minutes before Antwan arrived.

He arrived riding in a very run down old red Saturn with a side window smashed out and covered with black plastic (Garbage bag?) to seal it.

There was an older black woman driving who looked uncomfortable and I thought she was probably his mother.

I had told Antwan over email that I wanted to see the Xbox working first and he showed me cell phone pictures of it plugged in to a tv, turned on and working.

Antwan said everything was in the box and I was already running late, after taking a quick look and seeing all the major pieces were there I paid him and left in a hurry. [continued below]....
.....

When I got home I started to feel uncomfortable about the whole thing.  The shady car, uncomfortable driver and Antwan himself looked like he hadn't had a shower in a while (but I thought maybe he was going for a gritty look or something.)

I connected the Xbox and turned it on and it came to a basic screen for unused systems.  That's pretty weird by itself, but it was a good sign that it turned on.

I went into the system settings to check how much HD space was available and it said "No Storage Device Detected."

I opened the Xbox up and, sure enough, there was no HD in it at all which, of course, makes the device entirely unusable.

I did some google searches and found hints of other complaints about this guy from half-cached Craigslist pages but Craigslist had already removed the original pages (I also noticed he had already taken down the ad I responded to.)

I tried contacting him again over email to return the xbox as I had no use for a system with no HD and he replied saying the HD was there when he gave it to me....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Antwan-Brown/internet/Antwan-Brown-AnT-B-demboyz919-TwaN-Brown-Ag3ntZer0-trifling-Craigslist-scammer-Interne-957319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Antwan Brown