Complaint Review: Any Hour Electric

• Reported By: M.C. — Salt Lake City Utah
Any Hour Electric
1374 W 130 S Orem, Utah USA

Any Hour Electric Grossly, Scammed Senior Citizev Orem Utah

*Author of original report: ANY HOUR SERVICES...Owner will NEVER come to review work done by HIS Company

EVER, EVER ENLIST THIS COMPANIES SERVICES WITHOUT READING THIS AND REVIEWING PHOTOS...In late June-we enlisted this companies services to upgrade an 80+ year old mans home, this home was in need of complete re-wiring and to be brought up to code.  Un urgent situation prompted him to call this company and not being computer savy he relied on their advertising promises and the representatives they sent out. An original estimate and a 3 day time approximation was given. What started out as a 16,000+ price quote for ONLY the outside...began to climb almost daily with time to complete extending to maybe this day, probably this day. Then we were hit with another  $17,000. for the INSIDE!! My friend being elderly, knew no better and was easily swayed but their reasons and supposed difficulties justifying the price increase. I repeatedly requested written detailed estimatesa and invoices but they never had them, no paper on the truck etc. [continued below]....
......As the inside started I was mortified by the thick industrial cable (MC) used. It snakes exposed on the  the walls, corners,baseboards...I was constantly told this was normal and that homeowners paint it to match wall colors..I voiced my doubts many times but was always rebutted.
Toward the 2 week mark we left for 3 days...We were told that upon our return wpork would be completed and all proper inspection will have taken place. We were to have taken one last look with the workers, but upon our arrival we were in shock. Immediately we had a consultant from another Salt Lake company that has been in business for over 50 years take a look. He walked in and his face said it all. In over 30 years of doing electrical he had NEVER,EVER seen a home this bad. He said he would not wire an outdoor shed this way. He immediately told us to call local TV stations, an attorney, the Salt Lake City Inspector, The Permit Dept. and The Dept. of Professional Liscencing. He offered his condolences to my friend and told us the entire job could have been done properly and legally for 1/3 the price. We cancelled the final check. The calls were made and the rest is more incredible....They TOLD us they had secured ALL permits... We didn't have to worry there.  Only one permit was taken out and that was for ONE OUTDOOR meter. Since, 2 more very reputable and well known Salt Lake electrical companies have come and reviewed the work...Needless to say they were also appalled calling it unbelievably sloppy, shortcuts taken at every conceivable turn, pointed out various infractions and again they both came with prices that were 1/3 of the final price of ANY HOUR ELECTRIC charges which now had grown to ..
to...BRACE YOURSELVES..  $33,000+  .All suggested that we take action to full extent as taking advantage of the elderly in a very serious thing in Utah...We will send a a certified letter to the owner and after reading other reviews it seems doubtful he will rectify and refund monies.

Edit Remove

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2014 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Any-Hour-Electric/Orem-Utah-84058/Any-Hour-Electric-Grossly-Scammed-Senior-Citizev-Orem-Utah-1166955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Any Hour Electric

ANY HOUR SERVICES...Owner will NEVER come to review work done by HIS Company

AUTHOR: M.C. - ()

After seeing our review of ANY HOUR ELECTRIC, service manager came to outr home. He repeatedly asked though we were

hesitant. He came and and I asked him what he wanted ..He said he wanted to see what could be done..he wanted to take pictures and videos. I explained that we were sending a registered letter to Mr. Hepworth (the owner) and extending a personal invitation to survery the job done and tell us that this quiality of work was what his company stood by. Troy,service manager, told us Mr. Wyatt Hepwort would NEVER pay a visist to a customer. We sat and talked at the dining table and Troy asked what I had in mind. I suggested that possibly the CO. could do the job properly and put all the industrial-like (MC) wire IN the walls (he agreed could have been done) and perhaps as an act of GOODWILL or FAITH since once again we will have much inconvience they could pay for the patching job that will be required. He said NO. He said hs need to talk to the General Manager and Mr Hepworth and would get back to us buy Wed midday. I also requested (again) an itemized list of services WITH price per service and was only given one with services. Today we did not hear from Mr. Hepworth, letter was not signed for, supposedly he was not in),we have not heard back from the General Manager and I had to call Troy to request again the work invoice with prices for e ach service. I also asked for documentation for costs of parts and other information entitled to us by law. He told me to send papers requiring this info and he would get back to me. I asked him WHY we haven't heard back from the company as told we would be and was told they were THINKING.