• Report: #771934

• Updated: Thu, September 01, 2011

• Reported By: jayzee — Oakbrook Terrace Illinois USA
Anya DaySpa
1909 S Meyers RD Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois United States of America

Anya DaySpa JonRic Day Spa One Spa to definitely stay away from.... even if it was for free Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois

My wife and I enjoy spas and frequent them  often at home and on vacations. I purchased a TravelZoo voucher for two hot stone massages for the price of one at the Anya Spa in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois . The moment we entered we knew we were in trouble.  We changed into robes but passed on clogs that were  well worn  or white terrycloth slippers with black interiors. Any real spa would have provided their clients with disposable slippers rather than risk unsanitary footwear.  We chose to wear our street shoes.

I was kept waiting for over 30 minutes in a bathrobe , in a lounge area, with no indication from anyone as to when I would be taken care of.  I was offered nothing to drink.  The place is a mess. It is dirty, with dust balls on the floor of the massage room. The masseuse was unqualified,and instead of a massage we got a back rub .  Asking her for a firmer massage made no difference   If I never had a hot stone massage before, I would consider it normal to hear the stones being shuffled like balls on a pool table. After putting the stones on our backs she then asked if they were too hot.  An experienced masseuse would never risk burning her clients.

She would have known the appropriate temperature.  Speaking of temperature, my massage consisted of some hot and some cool stones., I asked the receptionist to have the owner call me so that we could discuss ways to improve her facility, but after  one week,I heard nothing from her, I finally had to call her. She admitted getting the messages but claimed she had no time to call me back. She was cold and indifferent and didn't give a damn what I said or thought.There are many immaculate and pampering spas in the Chicagoland area,but this is not one of them.  This is nothing more than a bizarrely decorated beauty parlor posing as a spa.  Even at half price it was a waste of our time and money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anya-DaySpa/Oakbrook-Terrace-Illinois-60181/Anya-DaySpa-JonRic-Day-Spa-One-Spa-to-definitely-stay-away-from-even-if-it-was-for-fre-771934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anya DaySpa