Complaint Review: Anytime Fitness & ABC Financial

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: Pissed Off — South Dakota United States of America
Anytime Fitness & ABC Financial
2735 1st Avenue spearfish, South Dakota United States of America

Anytime Fitness & ABC Financial Immediately sends account to collections and charges $600 + in fees spearfish, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: The same thing happened to me

*Consumer Comment: Don't pay them, hopefully they'll be out of business soon

*UPDATE Employee: ABC Financial

*General Comment: Same thing happened to me.

*UPDATE Employee: ABC Financial

My Anytime fitness membership was $50 a month.  If it was late they would charge a $30 fee.  I was OK with paying this fee.

My membership was automatically billed to my debit card.  About half way into my year membership one of my debit cards was stolen and the card was removed from the account.  I had made sure the money was in my account to pay my membership fees.

However, I failed to realize that due to the card being deactivated they could not take the money out. (We had two different cards for the one account).

So within one month, ABC financial started calling me several times EVERY DAY and sending me letters saying I owe $800 something.  I refused to pay it, and informed them that I would pay for the remaining balance of my contract which was around $300 but I would not pay the over $500 in fees.

They sent the account to a collection agency, which has now been calling me every day.  I highly suggest not using this health club.  They are a huge ripoff and I am going to end up paying over $1,000 dollars when I've only used the facility maybe 10 times.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2012 06:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Anytime-Fitness-ABC-Financial/spearfish-South-Dakota-57783/Anytime-Fitness-ABC-Financial-Immediately-sends-account-to-collections-and-charges-600-826196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Anytime Fitness & ABC Financial

The same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: Kayleigh - ()

Literally had the same thing happen. Started a memebership with them and my card was stolen. They continued to try to take money out and every single time I tried calling, they said they would have to call me back and guess what? They never did. Now i'm getting calls from a collections agency and it is hurting my credit and I've used this club maybe 10 times before. Absolutely ridiculous. Now no one will talk to me because the company says it's out of their hands and up to the collections company and the collections company says its out of their hands until I pay it.

Don't pay them, hopefully they'll be out of business soon

AUTHOR: Lance214 - (United States of America)

We all get one free credit report yearly from each of the 3 credit reporting companies.  Just google free yearly credit report, click on the link that goes to ftc.gov for the info/link to get the free reports and dispute it.

While you're at ftc.gov report these scammers!  Also call your bank and dispute the charges, they will get your money back for you and block them from taking more.  Don't bother trying to deal with anyone at ABC financial, the only reason the post their spam responses at rip-off report is to give the appearance that they care.  They don't.  They sure weren't contacting us before reporting here, nor were they trying to help us when we called their company directly.

If enough of us report them to our states and ftc.gov they'll be investigated by the federal government and, once someone actually looks into their deceptive business practices they'll be shut down.  Once they're investigated getting them off credit reports will be a cinch.

ABC Financial

AUTHOR: stephanie@abc - (USA)

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Stephanie Cook

Customer Relationship Specialist

ABC Financial Services, Inc.

#4 General Comment

Same thing happened to me.

AUTHOR: PA firefighter 2012 - (United States of America)

Hello just read your report and i am also a victim of this rip off, im just wondering did they ever try to help you out to pay this off if you dont mind me asking?. Im still pretty young and I dont want my credit score to go under I have no choice to pay it off I guess. Is there anything you did different to solve this situation because im lost.

ABC Financial

AUTHOR: stephanie@abc - (United States of America)

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services and Anytime Fitness was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly.

I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post, however, should you have additional comments you would care to discuss, please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com.

Stephanie Cook

Data Research Analyst

ABC Financial Services, Inc.