Complaint Review: Apartment 48 In NYC

• Submitted: Wed, February 09, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, February 09, 2005

• Reported By:san mateo California
Apartment 48 In NYC
48 W 17th Street New York, New York U.S.A.

Apartment 48/Maxwell Silver Ripoff rude, argumentative, unhelpful New York

I ordered slippers online on Jan 21st to be sent to my work address from a company called Apartment 48 in New York. On Feb 8th, I received a call from a company called EFI. My slippers had been delivered to their office and they had opened the package. I had to go across town on my lunch hour and pick up the box.

My FULL credit card number and address information were on the receipt inside the box, as well as my home phone number. I realized that UPS had made a mistake, however, as the consumer I can't ask for shipping reimbursement from UPS. I called the company directly to ask for a refund for my $12 shipping charge. (I didn't get the name of the man who answered but he said he was the owner.)

I explained my situation and he told me that "there are bigger things going on in the world", that he had someone out sick, and that I needed to call and get reimbursement from UPS and file a complaint with them. I explained that I hadn't paid UPS and I knew he could request that they reimburse him for the mistake and that I was asking HIM to reimburse me. He argued with me and was very rude for several more minutes and finally said "tell you what, I will refund your shipping charge but you really need to grow up". Then he hung up on me.

I called the parent company, Maxwell Silver NY and spoke to someone named Lisa who said "well something must have happened because he's never like that". ??? This is hands down the worst customer service experience I have ever had with a company. I don't even want the slippers any more. I want to send them back and be reimbursed for the whole thing, including shipping, but I also don't ever want to have to deal with this person or company EVER again!! These slippers were featured in a few magazines last month and I wish I had a way to warn everyone who might be thinking of ordering them!!

Marcy
san mateo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2005 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apartment-48-In-NYC/New-York-New-York-10011/Apartment-48Maxwell-Silver-Ripoff-rude-argumentative-unhelpful-New-York-130783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apartment 48 In NYC