residential

• Reported By: Linda — Medina Ohio
Apel travel
1661 norstrand avenue Brooklyn, New York USA

Apel travel Travel scam Brooklyn New York

A trip to Barbados was arranged for a family of 10 by this travel agency, the agent Theresa Jones made the arrangements, she was given approximately $6000.00 for plane tickets.

Things started to happen, on July 13th I checked my ticket online and the flight was not booked although they had received the money months ago. I called American Airlines to confirm and they said that the tickets were not paid for.

The travel agent was called and she denied it but what she did nis to pay for it later that day because I called American Airlines and they had just been paid for that evening.

My sister,who had made the arrangements, called the travel agent to confirm that the tickets were paid. What the travel agent did was made a three way call the next day with her and  the American Airline agent to confirm that all the tickets were paid for.

This was on July 14th, on  July 15th the travel agent from Apel travel went back into the computer and cancelled all the tickets except mine, I think she knew that I would be checking online.

The night before the trip, on July 30th when we started to check online to confirm our seats, we realized that we all had bogus tickets.

We went to Apel travel and received no recourse, they stated that the agent does not work for them but despite this she is the one who answered the telephone on their premises. The tickets were issued through them.

I spoke with an agent from American Airlines and she reported it to her supervisor because she told me that looking in the system the tickets had been booked and cancelled many times, and it seemed fraudulent.

Meanwhile, at the travel agency,s office I was able to look in their computer system while an agent there "claimed"she was trying to find us tickets. She showed me the many transaction that were done by this agent Theresa Jones playing around with our money.

we tried to contact Theresa Jones but she sent my sister a text stating that she is in the hospital. Ironically, her brother came into the travel agency while we were there to drop off a package from Theresa  to the staff there. We asked if she was in the hospital? He said no,that she was in Pennsylvania.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2013 05:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apel-travel/Brooklyn-New-York/Apel-travel-Travel-scam-Brooklyn-New-York-1072690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apel travel