Complaint Review: Apex Alarm And Monitronics

• Submitted: Tue, October 04, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 18, 2005

• Reported By:JOLIET Illinois
Apex Alarm And Monitronics
580 S. State St. Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Apex Alarm And Monitronics DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT! DISHONEST!! RIPOFF!! Orem Utah

*Author of original report: Persistence Pays

*UPDATE Employee: Monitronics Can Help

We are in the Chicagoland area, and made the mistake of entering into a contract agreement with a roving salesperson for security services. When the salesperson first came to my door, I told him we were sticking with our current security service and that we would be moving soon anyway. He proceeded to present facts to me regarding the poor customer service and response time of our current service, which raised serious safety concerns regarding the well-being of my family. He also made it very clear that moving was not an issue. Not only could we transfer our service to our new home, we would be supplied with new equipment at our new home, free of charge. It was their "One free move" policy. No stipulations, no questions. Just call, and they would take care of the rest. Right.

We are now in the process of moving. When I called to schedule a new install date, I was told they would need to come out and take out the old equipment to put in our new house. This is not what I had been promised. Had we not been assured numerous times during the set up process that new equipment would be installed at our new place, we would not have included the security system when we sold our old home.

Unfortunately, Apex and/or Monitronics will not honor the word of the salesperson who entered the home of my family and sold us a system using false information. I was told by a representative and then a floor supervisor that the door-to-door salespeople wearing Apex uniform shirts are not their employees. They are independent contractors and cannot be tracked down. However, they were able to tell me that the salesperson who came to my door was a summer intern and that he may have provided with me false information, but this does not matter to them because they cover themselves by including their policies in tiny fine print on the backside of their contracts. Still, unfortunately, what the salesperson said means absolutely nothing. Despite verifying with the salesperson the facts involving the so-called free move at least twice the night we signed up for service, the customer service representative informed me that they are not responsible for what their contractor said and he surely isn't responsible for me not reading the itsy bitsy fine print on the back of the contract.

When I asked to speak to the floor supervisor's supervisor, he put me on hold, explained the situation to his supervisor, and then returned to tell me that his supervisor saw no need to speak with me and that his supervisor would back everything he had already told me. This is unprofessional and demonstrates the poor customer service this company provides.

BUYER BEWARE! If you enjoy banging your head on the wall, go ahead and do business with Apex and/or Monitronics!

Wendi
JOLIET, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2005 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apex-Alarm-And-Monitronics/Orem-Utah-84058/Apex-Alarm-And-Monitronics-DO-NOT-SIGN-A-CONTRACT-DISHONEST-RIPOFF-Orem-Utah-159477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apex Alarm And Monitronics

Persistence Pays

AUTHOR: Wendi - (U.S.A.)

I want to add that since filing this report, I once again attempted to contact Monitronics. I called the same phone number as I had the other times I had called. Instead of calling in the late afternoon/early evening, I tried calling during the day figuring I would be connected to different employees. What a surprise! The very first representative I spoke with said she saw no problem in installing new equipment at the new house, and said they would surely honor the One Free Move policy as I had requested the other times I had called. Skeptical because I was receiving a different answer, I asked to speak to her supervisor. I then spoke to Jose, who was cordial, knowlegeable, and provided me with the facts I needed to know. In the end, our request has been granted for the most part, although the new equipment to be installed at our new home does not include the upgrades such as cellular back-up, upgraded smoke detector, and window shatter detector that we have at our old home.

How unfortunate that all Monitronics representatives do not follow the same policies. One shift from the initial representative on up to two supervisors said absolutely not. The day shift, beginning with the initial representative and then a supervisor said absolutely sure! This ordeal caused a lot of extra work involving my realtor, attorney, our home buyer's realtor, and the home buyers all because my first phone calls were answered by Monitronics representatives who did not know what they were talking about, yet were arrogant, condescending, and down-right rude.

Although our problem was resolved, I would not recommend Monitronics to any of my family and friends unless I was trying to cause them pain and frustration. It is only because I was persistent and called again that I finally received what had been promised.

Monitronics Can Help

AUTHOR: Kimber - (U.S.A.)

Please contact Monitronics Executive Response Department at 800-447-9239 ext 2196. Monitronics is interesed in helping you resolve your concers. Please contact us as soon as possible.