poem

• Submitted: Mon, July 17, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 17, 2006

• Reported By:Harrisburg North Carolina
Apex Alarm And Monitronics
580 S. State Street Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Apex Alarm And Monitronics ripoff Complete Misrepresentation of Service Orem Utah

Last July we were approached at our previous house by a salesman selling new alarm systems. We were told that the new system used 2 way voice and cell technology such that if the phone lines outside the house were cut the alarm would still be active. We still have the brochure describing this and this is how it was sold to us. Our old system was over 6 years old so we agreed to have it replaced thinking that the extra $15 a month was worth it for the extra service.

Later last year we decided to purchase another house. What nobody showed us when we were told about the free move policy was that you have to stay 12 months before they honor that. However we sold our old house early and went to live in an apartment for 8 months. The couple who bought our house would not take over the security contract so we have paid Apex/Monitronics $320 for no service whatsoever on the grounds that they would re-install the original equipment which they had taken from our old house into the new one.

Today the installer came to install the equipment. What he brought was a system with no cell phone backup at all. When I explained what I believed I had at my previous house he did contact Monitronics and then explained that I had to contact Apex. When I contacted Apex they insisted that I only ever had a system without cellular technology so I was really paying $15 a month for something no better than I had previously. They said that I would have to pay another $250 to have the cellular system installed - this on top of the $320 they have already had for doing nothing. They obviously don't care that their sales staff lie - my wife specifically asked about the cell phone technology and we were assured we had it. The guy was very careful to point it out in the brochure as the main sales pitch. This was deliberate misrepresentation and I have assumed to this day that what was installed was what he described.

Monitronics don't want to know about this kind of problem because in fairness to them they bought the accounts after sales like this were made and all they have is paperwork from Apex - although they may have benefitted from some due diligence before buying these accounts.

My advice to anyone is not to take anything from Apex at face value. Make sure you have what you believe you are paying for rather than take a salesman's word and don't expect any form of reasonableness from the company because their staff are not in the least bit interested in resolving issues created by the lies of their salesmen.

Trevor
Harrisburg, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2006 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apex-Alarm-And-Monitronics/Orem-Utah-84058/Apex-Alarm-And-Monitronics-ripoff-Complete-Misrepresentation-of-Service-Orem-Utah-201500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apex Alarm And Monitronics