Complaint Review: Apex Digital

• Submitted: Thu, March 24, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 09, 2005

• Reported By:Vista California
Apex Digital
2626 Via Industria Pkwy Rancho Dominguez, California U.S.A.

apexdigitalinc.com, Apex Digital APEX Televisions, DVD's, Electronics, Ripoff Bait and Switch Theives Rancho Dominguez California

*UPDATE Employee: Customer: Leigh - Apex Digital Inc. strives to provide the best possible customer service in the industry

*Author of original report: Correction and Update re: Apex Digital Inc.

Purchased an APEX Combo TV/DVD GT2715DV from Sams club, looked all over for a remote control.

Update (03-24-05),

After 3 months of trying to get a new remote, Apex sent me one. I went to APEX directly, after all other stores said APEX had them on backorder for 6 months. And here's the nightmare story:

I was told they would send me a new one. I sent $25 plus $10 for shipping. I received the new one. (took 2 weeeks after payment)They sent me a 'Universal remote'! Not the one that comes with theme TV/DVD new! as shown in the manual. I called them and told them I paid for the orignal remote, but they said they sent me the correct one, an APEX Universal remote! I was assured I was paying and ordering the remote for the APEX GT2715DV TV/Combo we purchased new 12/2004. Only 3 months earlier. (Sams Club said they could not find the remote), so when we brought the new TV home we just thought no problem, we can buy a new one! WRONG! Ripped off bait and switch of a Universal Remote different than the OEM model, DVD functions and menu selections not all working as OEM Remote. Ripped off! Stay away from APEX! APEX! FRAUD!

Vista, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2005 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apex-Digital/Rancho-Dominguez-California-90221/apexdigitalinccom-Apex-Digital-APEX-Televisions-DVDs-Electronics-Ripoff-Bait-and-Swi-136325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apex Digital

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

.. and we regret that we may have fallen short of this goal in your regard: however, we sincerely appreciate the opportunity to turn a less then positive experience into a Good customer service and should you have further questions or require any Additional information, pleasedo not hesitate to contact Customer Service at

Linda McMahan
CSC Administrative Assistant

Correction and Update re: Apex Digital Inc.

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

A correction to Apex Address. i took the address off the Box, the item I ordered came in. I did some re:search and the box they sent me, and the label had a mispelling/and/or did not match mail address records.

Correct address for Apex Digital Inc:

2626 E. Vista Industria in Rancho Dominguez, Ca. 90221
(the box ahd a label from 'Via Industria Pkwy')

I filed a complaint with the California Attorney General. I slept on it, thought it over, and am still satisified I am making the right decision by filing a formal complaint. If/when you order a part, and they send you something that is different, that is illegal, wrong, and decpective. especially when it is not the original, was represented as such, and to top it off, all the functions do not work. This is FRAUD, and bait and switch, which is illegal. Period.