Complaint Review: Apex Digital

• Submitted: Sat, March 25, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 25, 2006

• Reported By:Morgantown West Virginia
Apex Digital
301 Brea Canyon Rd Walnut, California U.S.A.

Apex Digital, Failed to provide missing remote, then insisted I never called about it Ripoff Walnut California

I have been calling APEX''s customer service department, via their 1-800 number, on and off for the past two years in order to acquire a remote control for an APEX TV/DVD unit I purchased in January 2004. They maintain that they have no records of my calls except for two that I made recently. Also, pursuant to their directions, I have submitted a copy of my receipt (with model number and chassis number) three times over the past two years.

Apparently the first two were lost, destroyed, or ignored. My most recent submission, along with a letter detailing the situation, apparently reached the Warranty Department at Apex Digital, Inc. Linda, from that department, left a message at my home today indicating that there was nothing they could do for me, and that I should buy a remote.

What should have been a quick and easy resolution has turned into quite an arduous affair. Either I or my wife has called at least a dozen times over the past two years, and we have been treated rudely every time. Of course, APEX maintains they have no record of our calls, save for the most recent two.

I would have simply returned the set when I opened it and discovered the missing remote over two years ago, but I didn't figure that simply obtaining a remote that should have come with the set in the first place would be such a chore. I am thoroughly unimpressed with APEX''s entire customer service operation.

Morgantown, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2006 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apex-Digital/Walnut-California-91789/Apex-Digital-Failed-to-provide-missing-remote-then-insisted-I-never-called-about-it-Ripo-183206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apex Digital