Complaint Review: Apex Direct Inc

• Updated: Mon, April 23, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Holland Massachusetts United States of America
Apex Direct Inc
260 Quarry Road Milford, Connecticut United States of America

Apex Direct Inc Received an email requesting I come in for an interview Milford, Connecticut

*General Comment: I agree: SCAM

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Defamation of Character

I just want to say thank you to everyone that filed a report before me.  I received an email from Apex Direct Inc today inviting me to come into their Miford, CT office to interview with President Valerie B.  I tried to research the company, but couldn't find much.  If it wasn't for the reports filed, I would have wasted my time going to the interview.  The same exact thing is happeining to me as what was stated in previous reports.  I am looking for a job, because I was laid off a couple of weeks ago.  I posted my resume on Career Builder, and received the email from Apex Direct Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apex-Direct-Inc/Milford-Connecticut-/Apex-Direct-Inc-Received-an-email-requesting-I-come-in-for-an-interview-Milford-Connecti-835939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apex Direct Inc

#1 General Comment

I agree: SCAM

AUTHOR: jerry - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, this company, Apex Direct, does have ties with all the mentioned - Paragon Marketing, DMS auto glass, coast to coast auto glass, port city promotions, Northeast Events.

They are all pyramid scheme and multi-level marketing scams that should be avoided, are unreputable, and have a high turnover rate of employees that struggle to make the higher-ups rich - while fooling consumers with faulty products.

Valerie Brittel, in her above rebuttal, denies ties to these companies.  But she forgot about her Twitter account, which features her name - Valerie Brittel, from CT, and an image of broken windshields split with an image of fixed windshields, with the phrase "From this, to this - because your safety is our business."  She follows all auto-glass and direct marketing people.  So she clearly is/was part of the DNS auto glass and coast to coast auto glass SCAM.  Google it, or look at this Youtube video.

Now she sells Nascar wax.  The autoglass scam was getting too much attention.  Now the job is selling wax to people filling up their car at gas stations.

Or just google one of their many phone numbers: 203-301-4693.  Multiple businesses will come up, but they will change it, and the twitter handle, when they see this post.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Defamation of Character

AUTHOR: Apex Direct - (United States of America)

Definition of Defamation: The communication of a statement that makes a claim expresively stated or implied to be factual that may give an individual business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. Any intentional false communication either written or spoken that harms a person reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held or induces disparaging, hostile or disagreeing opinions or feelings against a person.

I am Valerie Brittell the CEO of Apex Direct Inc a LOCALLY independently owned sales and marketing company in Milford, CT. These comments written about me being "linked" to, or the "same as" other companies listed is completely FALSE. I do not know or associate or having any affiliation with the provided company names stated by the RIP OFF REPORTS reported about Apex Direct, Inc.

below is the original report and here is another one "I applied to two separate companies who advertised on Careerbuilder. They both were companies that were opening new offices and had multiple entry level positions and were willing to train. So for someone who was looking to switch careers, this sounds good, right? Well I got a call from both and set up an interview for one on Tuesday and the other for Friday, both in the same week. Also I got a response pretty quickly, within 3 days of applying. Let me back up a little. When I spoke with the first company, which was Apex Direct, they asked me if Milford, CT was a good location for me. I asked if there was a closer location, so they transfered me to the Southington location. When I got a call from that branch they were calling from Paragon Marketing. I set up an interview at 26 N.Main St in Southington. I was there a half hour early, however I didn't get into the interview until a half hour after my scheduled appt. The office looked as if they had just moved in and I asked the receptionist, who was also the HR rep, she said they had been there for 4 weeks. The reception area was very small and she was sitting listening to her radio that was on her desk. So once I got into the interview, he asked basic questions, such as why I was looking for a new job and if I was looking for full time or part time. I was only in the interview for 10 or 15 minutes. He explained that if chosen for a second interview that would be more intensive, showing what they do at the company, then the third interview would be discussing money. So I left the interview feeling the same was as I walked in.....confused on what exactly this company does.

So once I got the confirmation email for the second company I looked at the address, and their address was also the 26 N.Main st in Southington. However this company name was Primus. At this point I decided to do some intensive research. On the confirmation email they left the 'Presidents' name so I decided to google the name and found his facebook page. While looking at his page, I came across ANOTHER name! I looked up The Port City Promotions and found a ton of information on what this company is really all about. So for all of you who are reading this I hope you find it educational and please look into the Port City Promotions.              "