Complaint Review: Appalachian Power

• Updated: Thu, September 30, 2010

• Reported By: Mark — Wytheville Virginia United States of America
Appalachian Power
Wytheville, Virginia United States of America

Appalachian Power AEP, Kentucky Power Monopoly Tyrants That Violate FEDERAL LAW Wytheville, Virginia

*General Comment: The floor is all yours, Mark! Take-it-away!

*Consumer Comment: Please address some of the questions

*Author of original report: ELECTRIC COMPANIES ARE RIPPING YOU OFF

*Consumer Comment: While you are at it..

*General Comment: Response to Mark.......

*Consumer Comment: Still don't get it

*Consumer Comment: Misunderstanding

*Author of original report: I almost forgot

*Author of original report: Proof of free energy

*Consumer Comment: I'm none too smart

*Author of original report: THE LAW THEY BROKE BY CHARGING EXCEXSSIVELY WHEN POWER IS FREE

*Consumer Comment: Just curious

Appalachian Power Company has been allowed to violate State and federal laws. They are the causes of some fixed income families that had their elderly mother die due to be on an oxygen machine and can not be without electricity. The sad truth is that we live on a planet that can have solar energy hooked up to the grids to make the meters run in reverse and that would force the power company to pay you.

They continue to increase the rates for no reason charge deposits any time they want if you are late, A copy of their profits are outrageous and have shown that they are destroying the people of Virginia as well as others. They are cutting off electricity which destroys food, and renders a place not livable by our own standards of living. The constant pressure of having to choose which bills you can pay and if you starve or not can no longer be tolerated in our nation. These power companies are racketeering outfits as defined in the Federal Law.

We all need to go to solar energy and that can be done, and we need to connect straight into the power grid to supply power causing the power companies to start paying us monthly and now we the people will have the opportunity to finally shut them off.

They have outright lied to the Senator and stated your either on the grid or off the grid, which is wrong there are several solar energy experts that can prove that the reason they state this is to not pay the public the money they are owed for supplying the power.

I have written the senator a letter and I am encouraging all residents of Virginia to take part in making these criminals face charges, and by the way despite the fact that an elderly lady was behind her death is by all definitions MURDER and the appropriate actions should be filed on Appalachian power as such.

This rip off can no longer be allowed we have the technology to make free energy and this would not only benefit the state but it would be benefit for all the residents to be free of the black cloud of the criminals that hold the power over your heads

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2010 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appalachian-Power/Wytheville-Virginia-24382/Appalachian-Power-AEP-Kentucky-Power-Monopoly-Tyrants-That-Violate-FEDERAL-LAW-Wytheville-645282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appalachian Power

#1 General Comment

The floor is all yours, Mark! Take-it-away!

AUTHOR: Adolph - (USA)

Mark, you seem sincere in your erroneous ramblings. Your spelling and grammar is as flawed as your reasoning. Quote: How can you loose me Gee, I dont know. Just how loose are you. Or did you mean lose?

Virtually all of the electric utilities are regulated by Federal and / or State

Regulatory entities.  The rates are normally governed by the percentage of profits generated by the utilities.

The solar panels to which you allude at $99.00 and less put out such a minuscule amount of power as to be basically useless. This will be my last

entry on this subject.  I have no desire to engage in an ersatz battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Please address some of the questions

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

You are not directly responding to any questions.

I read some of your links and it doesn't look to me like any $100 solar array is going to run my whole house.  Especially at night and on cloudy days.

If you knew this person who died, why didn't you set them up with free power? At least for the medical equipment she needed to be able to survive should have been on your $100 array.  If you have the knowledge and didn't do anything, don't you share in some of the responsibility?

It would be nice if it were as easy as you say but it's not.

I know in my state the utility companies have to have rate hikes approved before they can charge them.  Have you leaned on the legislators?  How does RICO apply to this?

ELECTRIC COMPANIES ARE RIPPING YOU OFF

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

Look I don't know you you do not have your name on my degree nor do you have your name on my government service. I know the person that lost her mother. The prices are too high for the electric company and that is proven. As for the price being too expensive I hate to tell you this but the research all over the world including the UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY.

How can you loose me when the original post said rip off. The cost of building a solar panel is under $100.00 Proven by the US GOVERNMENT. I have the report, i have the  video Oh and please do not respond because all of the people here are laughing at you because you must actually work for the electric company because the entire state of VIRGINIA WANTS THESE crooks gone the prices are too high they raise the rates for no reason that is against the law I have been and will continue to be in touch with the Senator because the cost of the solar energy is efficient it is proven cost effective and it is proof that it is entirely affordable you can now even get the solar panels on EBAY for $99.00 do not ever ever tell me they are expensive you must be talking about buying from a dealer  look the proof is there when the entire state of Virginia is telling the senator and want the governor to fix it they are a rip off THE ENTIRE STATE you must not be from this state to be talking that when it is the Power companies fault I know for a fact that when i lived in Nevada which had Nevada power I had the entire electricity on for one week while I was on vacation that means all the lights, the TV, all lights in the apartment to simulate someone was home on 24 hours a day for an entire week guess what that was my highest bill $247.00. You can never tell me that they are not a rip off they are I have the reports from THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY which you don't or you would have never said what you said.

The Appalachian Power is ripping people off they are a definite source of racketeering

and if you please go get the report the Video even says it can be made truly affordable. The appalachian power committed murder by all definitions.
There is no reason to charge what they charge ON NATIONAL TELEVISION they have even admitted to OVER CHARGING THE RESIDENTS of VIRGINIA.

Stop Lying here because this tells me you are not a consumer you work for these crooks when EVERYONE wants them out 100% of the state can never ever be wrong

While you are at it..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

While you are trying to explain how the RICO laws apply to Electric Companies raising their rates.  Would you please provide us with ONE verifiable link/report that shows someone's mother died because the electric company cut off her power and she was on oxygen.

I do love the links though, I didn't know there was so much "free engery" around.  I mean someone built a solar pannel for $17 and was able to power a Computer Fan..brilliant.  Even more brilliant is that they were more than willing to charge you about $50 to find out how they did it.

I liked the other link that built a solar cell for about $110 to generate 110 watts.  That was enough to power a hall light.  Again brilliant, because I was just saying to myself this morning..Gee it's sunny outside I think I need to turn ON my lights.

#5 General Comment

Response to Mark.......

AUTHOR: Adolph - (USA)

Mark:

Lets go back to your initial rant for this quote:

Ya lost me there, bud.  You want free electricity? Google Dennis Lee.

He has been promising free electricity for over ten years now.  Frankly, your entry parallels many of Mr. Lees timeless dogmatic ramblings.

As far as your reasoning and statements, I have seldom read such flawed logic and conclusions.

To power the average household exclusively with solar power would involve an initial  investment of thousands of dollars. The maintenance, primarily periodic battery replacement would amount to additional thousands over a 10 year period.

Total solar power on an individual basis is completely out of the question, except for the wealthy few who dont really need it anyway.  Those who

are doing it for the feel good, Im green value or to impress others.

As far as your statement: Appalachian Power Company has been allowed to violate State and federal laws .

This smacks of some urban legend  passed on by I knew a guy, who knew a guy, whose second cousin heard from a fellow at work relating a story he knew to be true from a fellow from the VFW.etc.  There are multiple entities who could and would step in on life-and-death episode like this even IF the power company DID terminate service.  As a previous contributor also stated no electric company ever terminates service without multiple warnings.

Still don't get it

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Ok, there is no question that the sources of energy you are talking about are free - solar, wind etc.  However, the equipment to harness enough of that free energy to run a house, a town or a country are certainly not free.  I looked up the price of the big 200 foot wind generators and they appear to be around a million dollars apiece.  Same for very large solar arrays.  They are not cheap to build, install or maintain.

Do you have a solar array that runs your house?  I'd like to know what you have, how much it costs and how well it works.  It sounds interesting to me.

The source of energy for hydroelectric power is also free (water) but dams and turbines sure aren't free.

I think you're right that other countries are ahead of us and that's unfortunate.  Of course the scale would have to be a LOT larger here to run our whole country.  We need to keep working on it though.

Misunderstanding

AUTHOR: JAFO - (USA)

You talked about someone losing their mother, I misinterpreted that to mean you.  As for you being a Federal Law Enforcement Officer, whoopy do.  Please tell us WHAT racketeering they engaged in?  I read the statute and still don't see a violation.  They are not collecting unlawful debts...all monies owed them are legal.  I think you are mistaken about the proper application of RICO.  Please point out the law that states that no power company can raise any rate except that which is a legitimate mark up.

I almost forgot

Proof of free energy

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

I am happy you admitted that you dint understand things and was not too smart here is the links to free energy I mean Iceland laughs at us everyday cause they use Geothermal

I'm none too smart

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I'm the first to admit I am not the smartest person in town and I don't seem to be able to understand where the passages you quoted (from what?) says that power is free.

It would be awesome if we all had personal solar power to power our homes but the equipment to install it sure isn't free. You can connect to the power grid and maybe get your meter to run backward a little now and then but you will still need power from the grid at night or anytime there is not enough light to create enough power.

Are you just saying they're charging too much?  That I can agree with but I don't think power is free.

Maybe you just need to explain what you mean a little better for dopes like me.

THE LAW THEY BROKE BY CHARGING EXCEXSSIVELY WHEN POWER IS FREE

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

First off my power was not cut off thank god, But i will outline the racketeering laws that  is the law they broke what they broke it seems to me you do not know them I was a Federal Police Officer in the United States Coast Guard I know what section of the USC they broke

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person who has received any income derived, directly or indirectly, from a pattern of racketeering activity or through collection of an unlawful debt in which such person has participated as a principal within the meaning of section 2, title 18, United States Code, to use or invest, directly or indirectly, any part of such income, or the proceeds of such income, in acquisition of any interest in, or the establishment or operation of, any enterprise which is engaged in, or the activities of which affect, interstate or foreign commerce. A purchase of securities on the open market for purposes of investment, and without the intention of controlling or participating in the control of the issuer, or of assisting another to do so, shall not be unlawful under this subsection if the securities of the issuer held by the purchaser, the members of his immediate family, and his or their accomplices in any pattern or racketeering activity or the collection of an unlawful debt after such purchase do not amount in the aggregate to one percent of the outstanding securities of any one class, and do not confer, either in law or in fact, the power to elect one or more directors of the issuer.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person through a pattern of racketeering activity or through collection of an unlawful debt to acquire or maintain, directly or indirectly, any interest in or control of any enterprise which is engaged in, or the activities of which affect, interstate or foreign commerce.

(c) It shall be unlawful for any person employed by or associated with any enterprise engaged in, or the activities of which affect, interstate or foreign commerce, to conduct or participate, directly or indirectly, in the conduct of such enterprise's affairs through a pattern of racketeering activity or collection of unlawful debt.

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to conspire to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a), (b), or (c) of this section.[141]

Unlawful debt NO POWER COMPANY CAN RAISE ANY RATE EXCEPT THAT WHICH IS A LEGITIMATE MARK UP

Just curious

AUTHOR: JAFO - (USA)

What laws did they break?  If your power was cut off, the companies give you a lot of notice it's coming.  Therefore you had notice to find alternate accommodations for your mother.  I do sympathize with the bill issue as we are in a bad economy but the power companies are a business...which exists to generate profit.  There are probably charities that could have helped you. The power company most likely gave you time to get things straightened out but they can only hold you hand so long.  I'm sorry if you lost your mother but it is not the power company's fault.