Complaint Review: Appbury

• Updated: Thu, April 17, 2014

• Reported By: Fraudhunter — California
Appbury
101 California St Ste 2710 San Francisco, California USA

Appbury, Involvesocial, Avenuesocial, Logobench, Socialjitney Ring of Fraudulent websites San Francisco California

*Consumer Comment: Consumer in Similar Situation Currently with Appbury

*Author of original report: Refund is being processes

What happened?

I have paid over 17000$ and still didn't recieve what is stated in the contract after 6 month, even though the term of delivery was 8 to 12 weeks
I have contacted Appbury to get a mobile application and website developed (design and logo included). Based on the first estimation, it was expected to get 12 to 16 weeks. Then reduced to max 12 weeks.
I had to pay around 8500 $ to start the project, and than another 9450$ to pay for the design which was not complete as I didn't get the logo or the website design still.
The project manager has been delivering incomplete and not working application. Over 4 deliveries of application with the same errors. One of the errors was sending me to a website for what appears to be a thrid party (innoma). So after confronting the manager it seems that the application is not developed in the US but in Pakistan and Armenia.
Now I am over 2 month late, and 17000$ short and nothing at hand.
I refrained from asking a refund, but I will ask for it today.
- Service has been very bad
- Sales practices not ethical as I had been lied to about the location of development
- Appbury barely respond to mails delivered to sales (actually they never reply).
- No support what so ever.
- Sale guy has an Involvesocial mail (probably also another layer of subcontracting)

My investigation after the payments (very bad thing on my side):

Appbury promotes application they did not build themselves. Also they use fake names and fake linkedin and facebook profiles.

Mr Kevin Reid (the main contact with whom I established contact) states that he works on his Facebook page to Tancesound.net

This is the response from Trancesound.net owner:

"This is Cosmin Lukacs, the TranceSound.net admin/founder
In relation to Kevin Reid, no he does not work for me in any ways
Is there anything else i can help/assist you with ?"

Also, the company that created the Application iScope, have clearly stated that they did their own development of the application and Appbury didn't create it neither Socialjitney.com website.

"iScope Support replied:
Hi,

iScope was designed and developed by ourselves. The websites you mention are using our images and information illegaly (We are currently taking legal actions towards them).
So we strongly recommend you not to work with them.

Thank you very much for giving us this important information.

Kind Regards,

iScope's Team "

I kept screenshots as they will most likely remove applications I actually uncovered as not being made by them

The Ring:

Appbury seems to be linked to a fraudulent network of Websites:
- Involvesocial.com
- Avenuesocial.com
- socialjitney.com
- logobench.com
All these websites use the same principle of promoting in their portfolio much work which is NOT theirs.
All those websites seem to be linked to the same persons (mainly run by CEO of Appbury, Salman Ghaznavi CEO and Usman Anis)

Also, part of the fraud is to use fake names by their Sales representative. The names provided are Anglecized and are not the real names of the person I dealt with.

So for example Mathew Goldman is actually a fake name for Hakim Sadik ) the main head of all those fraudulent websites)

What Appbury tried to do!

Appbury contacted me through a supposed Mr Mathew Goldman stating that they will take legal action against Involvesocial
This supposed Mr Mathew was also waiting for a response from me, which I did.

When I replied, the mail never got delivered to his mail box as the mail does not exist.

After doing some research on the mail's origins, it ended up being a certain Mr Hakim Sadim (hakimsadik@gmail.com) who actually sent it, spoofing his email address and trying to fool me as if Appbury was genuinely concerned.

If you look at Mr Hakim Sadik's linkedin profile, you will see that he is the actual creator with Mr Salman Ghaznavi and Mr Usman Anis of Appbury AND Involvesocial (as well as other fraudulent websites).

Result:

Most likely I will not get my money back, but I want to take down that Ring as they are sending my money to Pakistan, probably not just to outsource the coding.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2013 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appbury/San-Francisco-California-941115818/Appbury-Involvesocial-Avenuesocial-Logobench-Socialjitney-Ring-of-Fraudulent-websites-1110475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appbury

Consumer in Similar Situation Currently with Appbury

AUTHOR: cook_diesel - ()

Hi Fraudhunter,

I appreciate you posted this insightful read relating to Appbury.  I started down the path of developing an Application with them back in October and I had no idea all of this was going on with this company.  We are now approaching the end of March with not so much as a working Application in site when originally, according to their estimates, it should have taken no more than 10 weeks to complete.  Delays have mainly been on their end and recently my frustration has turned into anger.  I have a call with them this week to discuss next steps and I do plan on asking them for a full refund.  In addition I also plan on submitting my own report on this site as well as the BBB.  If you have any further suggestions on how I should best go about receiving the full $15K that I've already sunk into this project in vain I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

Refund is being processes

AUTHOR: Fraudhunter - ()

After negotiations, Appbury has agreed to reimburse the total amount of the money.

Currently, Appbury has reimbursed half of the money, and is also going tot take in charge the bank fees for transfers.

This is a very good end to a very disturbing start.