Complaint Review: Appera Whitening

• Submitted: Mon, April 04, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, April 04, 2005

• Reported By:Erlanger Kentucky
Appera Whitening
AperraWhitening.com Newport Beach, California U.S.A.

Appera Whitening Ripoff deceptive and rude Newport Beach California

I requested a free' sample of product on 3/12/05 and paid $6.95 for shipping and handling. I received the sample 11 business days later, 3/28/05, and tried it. The whitening gel burned my gums and the product insert clearly states to discontinue use if irritation is experienced. I let the company know I did not want any more of the product the same day, 3/28/05.

A charge for $89.97 was then placed on my checking account on 3/29/05. I contacted the company to let them know the charge must be removed since I do not wish to receive the product. I was put on hold for a while by a rude floor supervisor'. He said I should have received a 3 month supply of the product by now and even if I don't receive it, they will not refund my money since I contacted them too late.

He said if I do receive the product, I may not return it. For some reason, it was my fault for not telling them sooner the product burned my gums. I should have called them before receiving the trial sample to tell them I didn't like it.

I did not sign any agreement nor receive any additional products, yet I was still charged. He said I should take up the matter with my credit card company and that he can guarantee me he will win since they have my credit card number. I tried to tell him I did not order a 3 month supply and I can't use it if I do receive it since it burns my gums. I was then told That is too bad, have a nice day and he disconnected the call.

The floor supervisor' was the most incompetent customer service representative I have ever dealt with. He made me feel as though he knew he was involved in a scam and the product was dangerous and worthless.

Ann
Covington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2005 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appera-Whitening/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Appera-Whitening-Ripoff-deceptive-and-rude-Newport-Beach-California-137455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appera Whitening