Complaint Review: Apple Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, April 02, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Adam — Costa Mesa California
Apple Inc.
Internet USA

Apple Inc. Apple Computer their tech support sux Internet

*Author of original report: tech support

*Consumer Comment: Follow their recommendations

Ever since upgrading to the new iOS, I've had all kinds of problems syncing my iPhone to my computer.  I've tried contacting Apple's tech support, but they are very unhelpful and completely useless.

One guy tells me it's a problem with the phone, and that I need to reset it (which will erase all data).  Another guy tells me it's a problem with iTunes and I should reinstall the software (which will delete my entire music library).  Every time I call, I get a different person, and each one has a different answer.  Not one of them has actually tried to figure out what the actual problem is, they just "guess" and tell me to reboot or reinstall or something.

It seems impossible to get hold of someone with actual technical knowledge who can actually troubleshoot and find out what the problem is before recommending a remedy.  So frustrating!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apple-Inc/internet/Apple-Inc-Apple-Computer-their-tech-support-sux-Internet-1135810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apple Inc.

tech support

AUTHOR: Adam - ()

So just as an update...I've been trying to contact and follow up with Apple's tech support on a few issues I've been having.  Apple always seems to either a) not have the answer and says they'll get back to me, or b) gives me a useless answer like "you have to reset all of your data on the iPhone."  They never bothered to actually troubleshoot the problem, find out what it is, and recommend an actual fix for it.

Well, Apple recently rolled out an iOS update and it appears that update fixed many of the problems I was having.  So, contrary to what their tech support person told me, they were already well aware of these problems and did in fact have a fix for them. They easily could have just told me that, or even provided a patch to fix it.

For the remaining problems, I scoured the internet yesterday and though it took me many hours to find it, I was able to find a fix for each of the remaining problems I was having.  In each case, it was a rather simple fix that took only a few minutes to implement.  If Apple had known what they were talking about, this could have been taken care of long ago and saved me tons of time.

So my tech support problems have now been fixed, no thanks to Apple!!

Follow their recommendations

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You can backup the iPhone within iTunes even though resetting the iPhone will not erase the data. You should have a backup of the data but reinstalling iTunes will not delete any of your data.

Apple has the best support in the computer industry. You are dissatisfied because you have refused to follow their recommendations.