Complaint Review: Apple Mac - Hungarian Country Reseller

• Updated: Wed, May 20, 2009

• Reported By:Budapest Other
Apple Mac - Hungarian Country Reseller
IStyle Pest 1061 Budapest, Andr Budapest, Hungary Hungary

Apple Mac - Hungarian Country Reseller, Budapest, Hungary - Hungarian Apple reseller does everything it can to avoid giving service Budapest Hungary

*Consumer Comment: Just a thought

Last summer, July 2008, while travelling in France, my Apple MacBook White started to malfunction sometimes. I took it into an Apple centre in Paris, and they were very helpful and friendly.

They immediately said it needed a new hard drive, and offered to replace it free under my guarantee, but warned me it would take three days. I said I was travelling, and would just take it into the Apple centre back in Budapest, Hungary, where I live.

Back in Hungary, a couple of weeks later, the Hungarian Apple resellers acted a little differently. They said they wanted to test it first, and took the machine in. When I returned, they said there were no problems.

In the autumn, after only another 5 or 6 hours use {my Toshiba PC laptop has been much more reliable} the Apple's problem reappeared. I went back in, Apple's Hungary resellers told me I needed a new hard drive, and since my guarantee had now expired, I would have to buy one. Naturally, I was angry, but had no choice, so I bought a new one in December 2008.

After around another fifteen hours use since then, more problems appeared in May 2009, and I went back into the Hungarian Apple resellers' office on Andrassy street in Budapest. They took the machine in for more testing, and told me by e-mail a day later it needed another hard drive....

....but they would need the receipt for the hard drive I bought in December 2008. I looked this up, and told them all the necessary numbers in another e-mail and a physical visit to the office.

They said "Oh no - that's the _work sheet_, not the receipt." Despite the fact it has PAID in red capitals stamped across it, the date of payment, the amount, and the serial number of the machine, they will not accept this as the receipt. I must find the one-inch square coupon that came out of the cash register when I bought the new hard drive that {naturally} I think they should have given me under guarantee anyway.

I have two boxes of cash-till receipts which might contain this piece of paper, but since I am launching a book-publishing company {Moving Toyshop Books} I have not yet had time to look through all my old receipts for this.

I am astonished Apple's Hungary resellers even hesitated for a second this May in accepting the worksheet as proof of my December purchase. I dealt with the same manager, Balazs Nagy, last year and this, he knows me and he knows perfectly well he sold me this hard drive in December.

This seems to be a special combination of Apple's bad customer-service habits and Hungary's bad customer-service habits.

So some time tomorrow, I shall have to set aside an hour of my me to dig through my boxes of old receipts because the A4 worksheet with details I have to hand "doesn't count." I have no memory of being told I had to retain the cash-till receipt - it certainly wasn't stapled to the "work sheet".

Supposing after spending that hour, I don't find the cash-till receipt? What then? Extraordinary way to treat a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2009 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apple-Mac-Hungarian-Country-Reseller/Budapest-Hungary-Ut4/Apple-Mac-Hungarian-Country-Reseller-Budapest-Hungary-Hungarian-Apple-reseller-does-453828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apple Mac - Hungarian Country Reseller

Just a thought

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

You might want to hunt and see if there is a place to file a report in Budapest or