Complaint Review: Apple Vacations, AMCAL Vacations

• Submitted: Fri, September 16, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 16, 2005

• Reported By:Southbury Connecticut
Apple Vacations, AMCAL Vacations
7 Campus Blvd. Newtown Square, ennsylvania U.S.A.

Apple Vacations, AMCAL Vacations, ripoff, contracts mean nothing to them, price hike only given 6 days to pay infull even though our due date is originally Oct. 15, it is September 16th. Pennsylvania and Illinois

I am completely irritate at Apple Vacations. I just received a phone call from my travel agent telling my she recieved a fax from apple regarding our vacation we booked for christmas. She stated that the price is being hiked up $5 per person for fuel and that if we don't pay in full by September 16 it will go up once more another $10.

Here's our problem... our due date for the infull payment is supposed to be October 15th, so why is it all of the sudden extra charges are being added and we are being penalized? The trip is over $11,000... not just something you want to charge or write a check for.

So I called apple myself to see what exactly the contract means. Well nothing for me, just to secure apple so they get their money incase we cancel and the price I was told will go up every six days if the trip is not paid in full... are you kidding me I asked. She replied no mame that is how it works. So I ask again why did I sign a contract? So the contract covers their ass, not mine as a consumer. Horrible customer service, they don't stand behind their price guarantee, and it would have been nice if our travel agent told us this...

We have friends joining us and now they have to hurry it up and come up with the money unless we all want to get charged more every six days. HORRIBLE!!!!

Jennifer
Southbury, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2005 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apple-Vacations-AMCAL-Vacations/Newtown-Square-ennsylvania-19073/Apple-Vacations-AMCAL-Vacations-ripoff-contracts-mean-nothing-to-them-price-hike-only-157300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apple Vacations, AMCAL Vacations