Complaint Review: Apple

• Reported By: Ironman — Methuen Massachusetts United States of America
Apple
Cupertino, California United States of America

Apple Itunes $50. ITunes gift card cancelled Cupertino, California

I received 2 $50 ITunes gift cards from my mom approximately 3 years ago.  I redeemed one right away with no problem.  When I just tried to redeem the the second one, by entering the code on the gift card on ITunes web site, I got the following message "The gift certificate or prepaid card code you entered has been cancelled".  The Gift card does not have an expiration date on it.

I contacted Itunes customer support and was told that Best Buy cancelled the card and that I must deal with them.  I did not tell them where the card was purchased so they had this information on file.  I told Apple ITunes that I have a valid, paid for, unreturned ITunes gift card and that they should honor it, to no avail.  Why should Best Buy be able to cancel my ITunes gift card?

I contacted Best Buys customer support by phone and was told that nothing can be done without a receipt.  Why do I need a receipt to use a gift card?  Who keeps a receipt for a gift card for 3 years?  Neither Apple or Best Buy will say why the card was cancelled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apple/Cupertino-California-95014/Apple-Itunes-50-ITunes-gift-card-cancelled-Cupertino-California-929493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apple