Complaint Review: Apple

• Submitted: Fri, November 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: Sandra — Fountain Hills Arizona United States of America
1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, California United States of America

Apple sold Apple Care for IPad 2 immediately before it was discontinued for Apple Care+-not allowed to upgrade plan Cupertino, California

Purchased  IPad 2 from Apple store in March of 2012 along  with Apple Care Protection Plan. At that time I was unaware my particular protection plan was to be discontinued and replaced by an Apple Care+ plan to accompany the new IPad3. Under the new Apple Care+, Apple replaces IPads with  cracked or scratched  screen for $49 however, under the plan I was sold replacement cost $249.

This I found out when I took my IPad into nearest Apple Store due to crack screen. I was told that 1) I bought my plan before the newer came out and 2) no I could not upgrade new plan for replacement. So I am stuck in old plan plus am out of $249.

Mind you I bought my IPad 2 at the time IPad 3 and new Apple Care+ Plan came out. I have spoken to several apple reresentatives up to a senior adviser and was told sorry, nothing can be done.

So through all of my past apple purchases of 1 IMAC, 2 Apple Pros, 1 ITouch and now IPad, I have learned a valuabe lesson from Apple. Buyer Be Ware  when you buy the old and not the new Apple. you may be compromising for the worse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Apple/Cupertino-California-95014/Apple-sold-Apple-Care-for-IPad-2-immediately-before-it-was-discontinued-for-Apple-Care-n-976306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Apple