Complaint Review: Appletree Townhouses

• Updated: Wed, May 26, 2010

• Reported By: Unjustly Treated — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Appletree Townhouses
2328 Campbellton Road SW Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Appletree Townhouses Appletree Townhouses Convenient Disappearing Rent Payments Atlanta, Georgia

After paying my May, 2009 rent in full and on time to Appletree Townhouses via Wachovia money order, and by placing it in its front door slot marked rent drop, Appletree gave me a past due notice for non-payment of rent, additional non-applicable fees, and threatened eviction.  Appletree further stated that it reviewed all rental payments received, and did not have a record of my payment.  Appletree never stated that it had a burglary at this time.  I was able to provide Appletree a replacement Wachovia money order rental payment.  The mysterious implied disappearance of only my rental payment in thirteen years of my residence burdened me to begin paying my rent in person, and requesting an additional rent receipt.  However, for the month of September, 2009, I was unable to accomplish this task.

Without fail, after paying my September, 2009 rent in full and on time to Appletree Townhouses via Wachovia money order, and by placing it in their front door slot marked rent drop, Appletree gave me a past due notice for non-payment of rent, additional inapplicable fees, and threatened eviction commencing September 10, 2009.  Again, Appletree further stated that it reviewed all rental payments received, and did not have a record of my payment.

An inquiry this second time to Wachovia regarding the blatant, mysteriously implied disappearance of only my rental payment revealed that the information on my money order had been completely altered, and subsequently cleared a bank account other than Appletrees.  Wachovia was able to research and provide me with MoneyGrams instructions on how to resolve this issue.  Wachovia also made a courtesy phone call to Appletree.  Upon reviewing MoneyGrams instructions, I discovered that Appletree was required to submit an affidavit.

Upon visiting Appletree to provide it with MoneyGrams instructions, Appletree Manager, Derrick Cowan, stated that a criminal would not [be this dumb to alter and cash a money order], flatly refused to follow MoneyGrams instructions, and used profanity.

Appletrees convenient and suspicious accusations of twice not receiving only my rent payment, andits refusal to make repairs compelled me to make this report.

Buckingham Court sued me but then voluntarily dismissed its case without prejudice, and continues to harass me for my September, 2009 rent, and threatens to report me to credit bureaus.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2010 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Appletree-Townhouses/Atlanta-Georgia-30311/Appletree-Townhouses-Appletree-Townhouses-Convenient-Disappearing-Rent-Payments-Atlanta-607449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Appletree Townhouses